by joeguzek94 Investigator
Investigator

Westfield Shepherds Bush Signal

When in the London Westfield Shepherds Bush shopping mall, the entire new section (built over a year ago now) has no signal not even 2G. This is literally one of Europe’s largest shopping centres and attracts users from all over the world yet we can’t even get a 2G EE signal to them.

Stores with no service as I walked around with an iPhone XS Max (personal) and iPhone X (office mobile) include:

1. Primark

2. River Island

3. Mi

4. Bershka

5. H&M Home

6. Boots 

7. Jack wills 

8. Monsoon 

9. The white company

10. Waterstones

11. Kurt Geiger 

12. Waterstones 

13. Lush

14. Pull and bear

15. Guess

My partner with Vodafone had 4G in these stores. I had zilch, to make a call I had to walk towards the old stores where the apple store is.

What is going on this seems like a huge oversight to build a mall and have no distributed antenna system etc installed. I am in the centre a fair bit nowadays as Westfield is my client, would love to know proposed improvements to get signal inside this mall. 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Westfield Shepherds Bush Signal

Have you checked the Network Status Checker there? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

It shows as no known problems. 

I have had these issues since the new part of the shopping centre opened in 2018. Every single time I visit the service is non existent inside the stores on both devices I own. I have friends on EE who also have no coverage. 

It seems odd to not ensure coverage as part of the development process. 

My iphones are configured to support voice and calls over 4G, and I often drop onto band 20 in offices and underground... Within the new part of the mall I can’t even get a band 20 signal.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @joeguzek94,

Welcome to the EE Community.

On the Network Status Checker, please select 'report a problem' and our network team will be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

Investigator

Done that a bunch of times over the last year and even added extra detail with stores not covered. They always send a generic text no issue found and to restart my device. 

They need to install some masts not restart my iPhone. 🙂

by

Thanks for reporting this @joeguzek94 

I'll also flag it with the network team from my end.

James

Investigator

Appreciate that! Hope they take note 🙂

by

by jkm1001
Visitor

I just joined to chip in that I also have one bars in most of the old shopping centre and no bars at all in the whole new section just beyond the apple store through to the john lewis which is like a quarter to half of the shopping centre now. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shopping_centres_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_size

Looking at wikipedia its the biggest shopping centre in England and has 27.5 million people inside a year but EE do not bother with signal inside. 

3 has a solid 3G signal through the entire new shopping centre bit not LTE but it gets calls and whatnot so maybe westfield are not helping the phone companies with the signals. broadband calling is dead hit&miss and inside shops theres not much if any connection to the westfield free broadband. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions