by SAMTROLL Contributor
Contributor

Very slow speed on 4g at B78 1BT BT BT near Tamworth.Extremely low 4g speeds

I have extremely slow 4g speeds at my work place at B78 1SZ near Tamworth, although the signal strength seems to be ok (around 2-3 bars) the 4g speed most of the time is around 1-2 mbs, which obviously is ridiculous for 4g network. Very often it takes ages to open a single web page. This area is a countryside, so there shouldn't be any issues with network overload. A couple of miles nearby at my home at B78 1BT there is proper 4g speeds around 100 mbs. 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Very slow speed on 4g at B78 1BT BT BT near Tamworth.Extremely low 4g speeds

@SAMTROLL : Have you checked the Network Status Checker there & logged the problem?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Very slow speed on 4g at B78 1BT BT BT near Tamworth.Extremely low 4g speeds

@SAMTROLL   This probably could be the distance to the mast and the  topography of the landscape causing this issue.   

by SAMTROLL Contributor
Contributor

That network check is useless, it doesn't show any real solutions, I reported it anyway.

There's definitely no issues with the signal strength as I mentioned before, as the phone shows 2-3 bars most of the time, there seems to be an issue with the tower overload.

One thing I didn't mention that the speed is ok early morning on Saturdays and Sundays until about 

by SAMTROLL Contributor
Contributor

7 am. Early morning on weekends its around 40mbs, which it's should be, but then after 7 am it goes back to crawling 1-2 mbs. So it has to do with the tower overload imo. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SAMTROLL   If it’s ok at certain times it probably will be the distance from the mast as more users start to use the same mast the distance the mast can reach is diminished as the mast has to work harder as it’s put under more strain from more users. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SAMTROLL,

Thanks for reporting this issue via the Network Status Checker, our Network Team will make sure this is looked into for you.

James

by SAMTROLL Contributor
Contributor

yes, so I'm not ok with that. I would like to have some time frame when it will be resolved. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @SAMTROLL,

Sorry, we won't be able to give you a time frame before any faults are identified.

You'll receive an update via text once our Network Team have completed their investigation.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@SAMTROLL  Depending on the mast location EE will probably need the land owners permission to go on the land and until that permission is given nothing can be done. This could take awhile until the permission is given so unfortunately no time frame can be given. But if it’s down to saturation on the mast there is nothing that can be done. EE can only fix a mast if it is faulty or underperforming because of a fault not because of saturation on a mast and it might not be that mast that is faulty it could be another mast that is faulty which is forcing a lot of users to use the mast you’re connecting to so straining that mast even more. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions