Highlighted
by Haynesh Investigator
Investigator

Unable to make calls and text from the EU

I'm on holiday in Austria and for the first two days have been unable to make calls or send texts but data was working and for the past day my phone has been out of action altogether saying "unable to find registered network". 

I've tried restarting several times but it hasn't made a difference. I was under the impression my normal phone contract could be used free of charge within the EU.

Unable to call EE for help so had to wait until I could connect to WIFI to post this.

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy s9. Any help would be appreciated.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: Unable to make calls and text from the EU

@Haynesh

Have you tried manually selecting the network on your device? If you have an IPhone try resetting your network settings.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
6 REPLIES 6
by Legend
Legend

Hi @Haynesh

Have you tried searching the forums as there are thousands of threads which would give you the answer.

You have to activate roaming. Log into your online account and activate roaming and international calls.

If this cannot be activated then you need to speak with EE CS.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

by Haynesh Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for that, I found the call setting for roaming, didn't realise there was such a thing as new to EE and on last network everything worked automatically.

Still have no registered network since yesterday though and as I said, it was working for the first two days. My husband is away with me, also on EE, and his phone is at least connecting to the network.

by Legend
Legend

@Haynesh

If you have activated the service it can take up to 24 hours to fully activate. Try restarting your device.

Thanks

by Haynesh Investigator
Investigator

I understand that and that's fine for the calls, I can wait.

The problem is that it is not picking up a network at all. For the first two days it was connected to a network, I could receive calls and use my data but since yesterday my phone won't connect to a network at all. 

I can't see why that would be affected by the setting to enable calls abroad, especially as it was all working fine for the first two days, and as I mentioned above, my husband's is picking up a network, even though he's had the same issues with making calls and texts. My data roaming has been enabled all along 

by Legend
Legend
Solution

@Haynesh

Have you tried manually selecting the network on your device? If you have an IPhone try resetting your network settings.

Thanks

by Haynesh Investigator
Investigator

Thanks, I'd tried it a few times over the past two days and thought it wasn't working because the loading circle just kept spinning and non came up but it seems to have worked this time for whatever reason!

Thanks for your help!

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.