by adewalker2405 Investigator
Investigator

Signal very bad in local areas

Fed up of signal dropping out. Since the launch of 5g in and around Cardiff mine and other mobile phone users are experiencing the same annoying problem!!   My applet xr will display full signal and then die!! So many times I’m getting “call failure”  EE are failing me and I’m fed up with it. Anyone else have the same problem. 

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Signal very bad in local areas

Hi @adewalker2405 

Have you checked EE Network Status Checker?

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by GWright
Explorer

Same here. I've 5 phones on contracts and since the 5G switch on in Belfast the signals are next to useless. I've raised it with tech support a number of times and, conveniently, no-one phoned me back to check if any of the suggested 'solutions' had worked … they hadn't incidentally, but I guess they already knew that!

1st contract is coming to an end in a few days and will probably move to O2 - other 4 contracts to follow!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @GWright,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does the Network Status Checker show any problems in your area?

Thanks

James

Investigator

The signal checker shows good strength. But it means nothing!! I am not alone in this  . Many of my friends are saying the same around the Uk. It is only since the launch of 5g that the dead signal has got worse. In my town I would have Strong signal . Now it dies through the middle of town. As we know 5g relies on short based signal strength. But knowing from research I have done the 5g is a much stronger signal. Therefore 4g (which is better all round) gets killed. But still nothing will be done apart from push you into having 5g. 

by

Hi @adewalker2405,

Welcome back to the community.

The rollout of our 5G network will not have a negative effect on 4G speeds. 5G adds a different layer to our network, to provide more capacity in the busiest parts of the UK’s busiest cities.

It’s not a replacement for our award-winning 4G, which is still the bedrock of our network. In fact, where we’ve added 5G we’ve actually increased capacity, so 4G speeds will improve.

Have you checked the Network Status Checker (rather than the Coverage Checker) to see if there are any problems or maintenance works in your area?

Thanks

James

Investigator

Yes I’ve checked. The checker - please, do you believe everything you see on tv - on a daily basis I loose signal around the same spots in the Cardiff area. If you could see my phone calls and check my location when they drop out it’s pretty obvious. This has only happened, and now getting worse since 5g was started. I wouldn’t even bother venting my frustration it didn’t happen.

Adrian
by

Hi @adewalker2405.

If the status checker shows no problems, I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus who can look to raise an investigation ticket for you.

They will be able to look at your area in more depth too.

Jon

Highlighted
by GWright
Explorer

No reported problems with network. There never are, but signal has become useless, including via WiFi calling (I have Sky fibre max - regularly 50+ Mbps). 

Please don't insult my intelligence by subsequently asking if I have checked the right 'checker'. Yes, I have and, yes, the 5g introduction has DEFINITELY had an adverse effect on my signals ... this happened  around the same  time as 5g rolled out in Belfast and all 5 of my modern phones can't ALL have failed coincidentally at the same time.

by

Hi there @GWright

Thanks for getting back to us. 

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions