Highlighted
by Leew1968 Investigator
Investigator

Signal Booster

Hi everyone,

I am actually with PlusNet, but they use the EE network. My question is this: Where I live the signal is quite poor(no provider is great here), a friend of mine has a Cisco signal booster in her house(connected to her router,obviously!) & when I am there I have a much improved signal. If I was to purchase one & connect it to my router(also on PlusNet) would it give me the same benefit or do I need a contract with EE(or use them as my provider), I have been on to PlusNet & unfortunately they don't do one. Thanks in advance for any help/replies! 🙂

Lee.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Re: Signal Booster

Hi @Leew1968 

Plusnet isn't EE, they just pay EE to use their network. They are not the same.

EE signal boxes are EE account specific, so no unless you are an EE customer and you cannot use EE VOWIFI then it's unlikely you would get one. 

You need to speak to Plusnet about options they provide.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
4 REPLIES 4
by Legend
Legend
Solution

Hi @Leew1968 

Plusnet isn't EE, they just pay EE to use their network. They are not the same.

EE signal boxes are EE account specific, so no unless you are an EE customer and you cannot use EE VOWIFI then it's unlikely you would get one. 

You need to speak to Plusnet about options they provide.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Leew1968

Thanks for coming the community 🙂

I can see @Northerner has provided you an answer. I would also recommend contacting PlusNet and see all options available. 

It would be great if you could keep us posted with your progress, 

Katie 

by Leew1968 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Northerner,

That's what I thought, Thanks for the reply, I had to ask but was already quite sure that the answer you gave me would be the answer I'd get! 😉

Thanks again,

Lee.

by Leew1968 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Katie,

I had already asked PlusNet if they did one(don't see why they can't do a deal with EE to supply them?) But unfortunately they don't, hence the question.

Northerner gave me the answer I expected!

Thanks for your help(everyone who replied).

lee.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.