by Rebeccap124 Investigator
Investigator

Sign in to Network EE

So this is the second time I've has this issue (I cant remember what happened first time round to fix it but...) I am getting a notification that says sign in to network and it disconnects me from using my internet completely and I also lose complete signal.

I click the notification and it takes me to the EE website which prompts me to buy more data.

I am on a plan which has 60GB of data each month, which I NEVER use the full amount so I know I have mobile data available.

Really unsure what to do as I cant use my phone AT ALL if I'm not connected to wifi

Please can someone try to explain what I can do to solve this and also how to solve this for any future occurrences? Because as I have said, this is the second time my network has done this, and I'm presuming it will happen again for no apparent reason

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Sign in to Network EE

Thanks @Rebeccap124.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Is your mobile data enabled within settings?

Do you have a 4G logo in the top corner of your screen?

Jon

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
by

Hi @Rebeccap124.

Welcome to the community 🙂

Could you double check your remaining data allowance in your My EE Account?

What phone are you using? Do you have any data caps set up within the phone settings?

Jon

Investigator

Hi @Jon_K 

Thanks! 😊

I've just checked and I have 35GB of data left and no data caps either.

I have a Samsung S9+.

I think my data settings within my phone are just set to show when my data restarts each month, there are definitely no caps put on

by
Solution

Thanks @Rebeccap124.

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Is your mobile data enabled within settings?

Do you have a 4G logo in the top corner of your screen?

Jon

View solution in original post

Investigator

@Jon_K ,

All mobile data is enabled.

It's weird cause my 4G was showing in the top right, but my signal bar that is shown in the top right had an ' ! ' struck through it! Dont know why this happens 😥

Just restarted my phone though and that seems to have fixed it. Dont know why I didnt think of the good old 'Try turning it off and on again' trick 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Thanks for your help!!

by

That is a little bit strange, @Rebeccap124, but I'm glad it's sorted 🙂

Let us know if you need anything further help.

Jon

by Bazinga1
Explorer

Hi . My old phone was doing the thingie about sign in to network. 

Now I have a new phone. Spoke to EE , wasn't fixed even after replacing the Sim. Samsung have no idea about why. When it shows up I usually restart the phone , that until I'll get bored and change provider. This is a problem with EE only , as i understand. 

Might be the biggest and better in UK , but it is annoying. 

Investigator

@Bazinga1  it's very strange. I've been with EE for about 5-6year and I've  only ever had this problem twice quite recently, so not sure if it's something to do with new samsung phones or something?

Just atleast it's something as simple as restarting that fixes the problem, but like you say, until we get bored!!

by Bazinga1
Explorer

The thing is that it happened a lot. 2-3 times a week at first , then some days , twice.

I know UK has one of the worst coverage  , but this is really annoying. 

By the way , do not even try to sort it in a store. If you don't buy , you will feel like in a relationship with a cat. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.