by Steph26 Investigator
Investigator

Network/service

I’m getting so fed up of getting texts from EE saying there seems to be a problem affecting the service in your area. Gives me a certain time frame and then goes massively over that time frame for it to tell me the problem hasn’t been fixed! I’ve lost count how many times this has happened now in the last couple of months. I can’t make phone calls as it seems to be everywhere and not just my area, my data usage is being used so quick trying to connect all the time. I’ve heard quite a few EE users are experiencing the same problem. Extremely disappointed with the service. Never really had a problem with EE for around 6 years since being with them. However this experience has made me want to leave. My contract is up soon so I shall be going elsewhere. 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Network/service

Hi @Steph26.

Welcome to the community.

Does this happen in one location or everywhere you go?

Do you see any problems in our Network Status Checker? Is this where you signed up for updates?

Jon

by Steph26 Investigator
Investigator

It happens pretty much everywhere I go. I’ve been on the status checker when I get a message saying there’s a problem as I requested updates. Pretty much twice a week where I live and it takes days to sort out. Once it’s fixed, a day or so later it happens again. Toggles between service and network problems. I only use my WiFi at home so internet isn’t usually the problem there. It mainly affects my phone calls where they keep cutting out or breaking up. Everywhere else I go it continuously tries to connect going from 3G to 4G and emergency. It’s using all my data pretty quick. I have 10gb which I usually use about 6-7gb before it refreshes every month. Recently it’s been going right up to the 10gb. It’s becoming a pain. I know I can’t go over on my data but if it’s being used up so quick then I’m left without and I shouldn’t have to pay for extra when for 6 years it’s never been a problem.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Thanks @Steph26.

We don't have any major widespread problems with the network, so I'd suggest performing a two-way SIM test.

This requires you to put your SIM card in another phone and try making calls etc.

The test would help to narrow down the problem and help us to progress further with finding a fix.

Jon

by Steph26 Investigator
Investigator

I’ve tried this already. Also tried restarting my phone and it hasn’t improved. Only other thing would be a master reset but I’d lose things that can’t be backed up. Personally I don’t think it’ll work anyway. The main issue is the problems in my area. Just can’t understand why it does it elsewhere unless it’s connecting to the same mass.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Ok @Steph26.

When you did the test, did the issue follow your SIM card, or your phone?

If it did follow your phone, a master reset would be a good option to try.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions