Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Network connection problems on my phone

I have had network connection problems on my phone since last friday (26th June) in my home area. I have been informed the mast I connect to is being decommissioned today, but neither tech or customer services teams can provide an up-date at all over last few days. My calls break up all the time obviously. I have asked for up-dates on the website but have only had one and it says we are aware of problems and its taking longer to resolve.

Can anyone advise whether the above is typical of a mast problem? and typical service from customer services/tech teams? I'm surprised there is no ETA?

Thank you

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Network connection problems on my phone

@Nicola137  they can’t give you an ETA on the simple fact is they won’t know whether they’ll fix the problem first time and if they can not and have to get a new part to fix it then they will need permission to go on that land again by the landowner.  

But are you sure they said the mast is being decommissioned because if it is that means it’s been taken down not fixed. 

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

hello, yes they told me this morning its being decommissioned

EE customer services have just said that its unusual for a mast to be decommissioned and they haven't come across this before (its being done today/tomorrow) so don't know what the future plan is for customers who use this mast. Does anyone on here know please what would happen now? thank you

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Nicola137

Thanks for coming to the community.

I have sent you a private message for some further details.

Speak soon.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your message Leanne but you won't be able to call me, my phone isn't working. Do you work for EE? I'm shocked by their customer services. I will end my contract asap, as soon as my phone starts working again

Highlighted
by

Hi @Nicola137

Yes I am part of the community support team.

I have no account access on the community, if we are unable to contact you to get this looked into, if you select our get in touch page and then EE a chat option will show when an agent is available.

Our Tech Gurus can help you get this looked into further.

Leanne.

Highlighted
by
Explorer

I'm in the south of UK and my phone has been the best signal ever until the last 3 days.

Try to phone them but phone just drops signal.

At work it was working (3miles from home) but not great .

So thought at leat I have a signal but back home it was a the same bad connection.

Just been on network checker and there is a network issue being worked on.

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Bikehunter Have you checked your area on the status checker ? It includes an option to report a problem too.

Do you have WiFi at home? If you do, are you able to use WiFi calling ? No signal doesn't mean no phone 🙂

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have checked my local area and theres a problem since last friday but EE can't tell me when it will be resolved. They tell me they have no idea (customer service team and technical team). I'm afraid this is the only way I can make calls. 

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Leanne, I've looked at your live chat and its busy every time I look so I've given up 

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Actually Leanne, sorry, you're not busy, they only work until 6pm

by
Explorer

Compensation should on the cards.
Highlighted
by

Hi @Nicola137,

Have you been able to get in touch yet?

Have you checked to see if you can use WiFi Calling at home?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, yes I have gone to your live chat, chose the section that says its a signal issue, and then it closes and says it can't help, marvellous

Highlighted
by

Hi @Nicola137,

Have you received any new updates from the Network Status Checker?

Thanks

James

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi James, no, no up-dates directly from them, but when I put my postcode in the network status checker it says 'we're having a look at' my postcode. I don't know what that would mean

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nicola137 It means that other customers have used the option to "report a problem" on the status checker, and the EE network team has received those reports.

They're now "having a look" at the sites in the area, to see if they identify any faults or not.

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Ok, thanks, it has said that for two days now though, since they said the mast had been decommissioned

Highlighted
by Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, I have now set up Wi-Fi calling on my phone, but it doesn't stay on, only when there is totally no signal (no bars showing). EE technical help did re-sets on my phone for me earlier, I re-connected to broadband etc but still doesn't stay connected. Does anyone know why please?

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Nicola137 

WiFi calling is designed to only kick-in when you have no mobile signal. If you have any (4G) coverage available, then logic dictates you have no need to use WiFi calling.

Calls will hand over between WiFi-calling and the 4G-network. Are you having problems making & receiving calls over WiFi?

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.