Highlighted
by 1craftyboy Contributor
Contributor

If phone doesn't support 800MHz, do you get restricted service on EE network?

Will I get reduced service from EE if my phone doesn't have 800MHz?

Am I correct in thinking that instead of my signal dropping down to 3G when there's no 4G, I will just not get any signal at all?

Please enlighten.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Re: If phone doesn't support 800MHz, do you get restricted service on EE network

Not really no as most of EE's network uses 1800Mhz 4G anyway.  The only thing you may well notice is reduced coverage inside some buildings.

5 REPLIES 5
by Maestro
Maestro
Solution

Re: If phone doesn't support 800MHz, do you get restricted service on EE network

Not really no as most of EE's network uses 1800Mhz 4G anyway.  The only thing you may well notice is reduced coverage inside some buildings.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Your device just won't be able to use 800MHz as a sole 4G carrier, meaning that you will lose out on some coverage where only the 800MHz would penetrate. However, you still have access to the rest of the layers as normal, ie 2G, 3G and the other 4G layers.

Contributor

Thank you that's very helpful.
Contributor

Much appreciated thank you.

by Noddy1965 Investigator
Investigator

Sometimes problems isolated 2 wireless networks you are connected to re.apple iPhone 8 rule out this as possible cause, try2 4get the correct network and set it up again and then reconnect. It says this when I googled  it just now. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.