Buy the new Google Pixel 2 and get a free Google Home Mini
Highlighted
by

EE signal booster box not working...

Hi all, 

I had (until it was nicked!) a Pixel XL from EE, but the signal in my area isn't great. EE kindly sent me a booster box which worked great. 
My Pixel got lifted, so I had to get a replacement handset and opted for a Blackberry Priv. 
Not as good as the Pixel, but really not a bad phone! Becuase I own the handset and it's SIM free, I can't use WiFi Calling (Can't find an EE Rom for the Priv, and yes I've been all over XDA!) Within the last week, my booster box has stopped working. It's hardwired into an unmanaged switch which goes straight into my Virgin Superhub 3. Normally, the light is solid green and when I'm on the phone it flashes green. It's still doing that but no one can hear me, although I can hear them fine. Yes, I've turned it off, left it unplugged and turned it back on again, and I've reset it. None of my phone settings have changed, I've replaced the Ethernet cable and none of the computers or phones on the network at home are using VPN's/PPTP/L2TP etc. Just spent nearly an hour on the phone in a queue and got hung up on because they couldnt hear me. Frustrated ain't the word! Anyone got any tips? There are NO 'triggers' or changes in any of the network or enviromnet settings that have changed to cause this to happen? I noticed that on a few similar posts, EE have said there have been some probelms with the boxes and have PM'd the person posting the question. WiFi calling is switched OFF on my phone as this is not neccesary for the booster to work, and it's always been off. Grrrrrrrrrr!!!! Any help, tips, messages greatly appriciated!! Thank you. 

5 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: EE signal booster box not working...

Hi @Jamie5358 and welcome to the community.

I can understand your frustration with this issue.

Our customer services chat team will be able to look into this for you.

I recommend logging into your My EE account on your phone's browser (not the app) or a computer. Once you're logged in, a chat window will pop up when an advisor is available.

It will hopefully save you getting cut off.

Cheers

Lee

by
Investigator

I would be extremely interested in any solution as I to have the same problem. A few months ago I changed my internet service provider. A big mistake.  My internet has been awful ever since and I assumed the problems with the signal box were down to the poor internet as nothing else had changed. Perhaps not.

by

Hi @FabulousFarmer

Please do speak to the our technical team as they will be able to run through a diagnostic to work out what the issue is for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Investigator

If you can give me a number other 150, I will. I have rung - first time I may have well been speaking Latin because the advisor just didn't understand what I was saying and just kept telling me to ring my internet provider; the other I was simply told to press the reset button. 

by

Hi @FabulousFarmer

You can find our other contact details on our get in touch help page.

If re-setting the box didn't work, please contact the technical support team again so that they can continue with the troubleshooting.

Please let me know how you get on.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.