Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Coverage in Abergavenny

On 22 March we completed some changes on one of our masts in Abergavenny to improve network performance in the area.

We’d value your feedback on the experience within the area since the improvements have been made.

To give feedback, please tap reply below and this will help us monitor the performance and improve coverage in the long term.  

We’re aware that some of our customers in Abergavenny are experiencing intermittent connectivity.

Our main mobile site covering Abergavenny is currently congested due to volume of traffic. We are working hard to fix this with upgrades to help keep our customers connected. 

We are continuing to monitor performance and are looking at ways we can optimise our masts surrounding Abergavenny to improve coverage in the area in the long term.

We will continue to keep you updated on the progress of this via this post.

In the meantime, if you’re an EE pay monthly customer with a compatible phone you can use WiFi Calling to make and receive calls and texts over a WiFi connection. 

For details on how to set up this service, please see our WiFi calling help pages.

11 REPLIES 11
by Curtis86
Explorer

Re: Coverage in Abergavenny

Hi I’ve been struggling for service for well over a month now what are you going to do about it I’m paying a big bill for a phone that hardly works 

by Dugmore84 Investigator
Investigator

Why can't they just put new masts up would be easier 

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Dugmore84 wrote:

Why can't they just put new masts up would be easier 

I'm really not sure it would be... landowners to find and negotiate terms with, planning permissions to aply for, install costs and lead times...

Besides, if the problem is just capacity then it can potentially be solved by just adding new kit (spectrum) to the sites already in place.

Investigator

Hopefully it will be sorted soon signal is up and down like a yo yo 😂 

by Toms206
Visitor

Wifi calling not suitable for everyone as not everyone has access to WiFi.  In town signal is appalling to non existent and it’s been going on for me since last May at least.  I’ve managed to get line rental credit the odd month here and there but depends who in level 2 in merthyr you speak to.  Been told my case would be investigated and call returned and never happened.  Why not credit all affected users without question till you sort this out or release us from our contracts if we wish?

by Curtis86
Explorer

EE customer service is non existent terrible 

by Dvp
Visitor

This problem has been ongoing since last year, yet only given a discount for a very short period as hoping the problem would be resolved. Please can you look into a further discount for all the inconvenience caused 

by Jake90uk

The network coverage in Abergavenny has been really bad for far too long.  I am changing to GiffGaff.  They use the O2 network which has a much better and reliable coverage in Abergavenny.  Cheaper too!

Investigator

Still rubbish signal bars going up and down like a yo yo 

Investigator

Still waiting for a response still poor signal in area 3g and 4g rubbish 

Investigator

4g still fluctuating all the time 3g more stable 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.