cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Why did I have to pay for delivery when it states delivery is free

Raffaello2017
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Why was I charged £6.98 delivery for my new iPhone 11, when in the EE app and online website it states delivery is free ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to the community and for ordering with us.

If you have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they will be able to check your account and help you with the delivery charge.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Leanne_T

Hi @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to the community and for ordering with us.

If you have a chat with our Mobile Care team, they will be able to check your account and help you with the delivery charge.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

Leanne.

Hi @Leanne_T My apologies for late response to your answer. I’ve called customer care and it seems that, because I completed my order over the phone and not online I was charged £6.98 delivery. I actually only called them to ask a question and the guy said he’d complete it for me, so juste said okay and didn’t think anything of it at the time...

Leanne_T

Hi @Raffaello2017

Thanks for coming back to me.

Come back to the community anytime 🙂

Leanne.

KDM68
Investigator
Investigator

I had this same thing when I rang up for my "free" upgrade towards the end of my 2 year contract. I have had 3 phones for me and family with EE for 7 years. 

I went through the whole "There'll be an up front cost on this phone"

My reply was "No, never paid an upfront cost, I'll go somewhere else"

All of a sudden I'm put through to retentions and,.... "Ok, no up front cost for you."

I go through the whole choosing the phone and package thing again get hit with "Now, if I can just take a delivery payment of £6.98...."

My response "What? Online it states 'all handsets free next day delivery in the UK'".

"Ah, but that's online, this is over the phone"

"OK, forget it, I'll go somewhere else that has free delivery"

"ah, ok, hold please while I speak to my manager"

"Ok, no delivery charge"

New phone arrived next morning.

You need to stand up to these telephone people. They are trained to get as much money out of you as they can. You can always go somewhere else for other deals. 

Raffaello2017
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@KDM68 No and it doesn’t actually state if you end up going through to the call centre you’ll be charged delivery. Another thing on that particular purchase, as a loyal EE customer with more than one product you normally get a 10% discount. But finishing off my purchase online (I’d only gone to ask a question), the guy who dealt with me omitted to provide the 10% loyalty discount which I didn’t notice initially. When I did and called back, they said the same thing only available online. So I kicked up a stink until I was given a discount. I can see that the future for EE customers isn’t going to improve, not if BT have their way it’ll end up like BT broadband where customers are a secondary to them making a profit. We’ve already seen this with the recent announcement, that they are NOT going to honour their pre brexit promise of no changes to EU roaming. Now they intend to charge traveler’s, a bucket load to use their mobile phones in Europe.