cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Trying to buy a product but previous address is abroad

CDrohan94
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I am trying to buy a new phone/contract online, and for the credit check it requires my previous address. I used to live in Ireland. It asks f my previous address was abroad, and which country, so I selected Ireland. However, when I try to progress to the checkout, it states I need to input my previous address for the credit check, but it only offers the option of selecting the country, with no further address fields. How can I solve this? Any help is appreciated!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @CDrohan94

Your most welcome. 

Unfortunately this would be the same, a credit check would still need to be done. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Katie_B

Good Morning @CDrohan94

Thanks for coming to the community. 

The previous address entered must be a UK address for us to be able to complete a credit check. If this is not possible a credit check can't be performed. 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie, 

Thanks for the response. Does that mean I cannot purchase the product? I only moved to the UK a few months ago, but will be living here permanently. 

Cheers ☺

Katie_B

Hi @CDrohan94

If a credit check can't be performed the order will not be able to be made. 

Was this for a handset contract?

If this was for a SIM contract, you could take a look at our Flex Plans which have a lot of benefits. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

Hi Katie, 

Yes it was for a handset contract. Is it possible to do in-store, or will it be the same situation? 

Thanks again for your help.

Cathal 

Katie_B

Hi @CDrohan94

Your most welcome. 

Unfortunately this would be the same, a credit check would still need to be done. 

Katie 🙂

Ah okay. No worries, thank you for all your help!