cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Terrible customer experience, unable to properly deliver my phone

TRG103
Investigator
Investigator

I am having an absolute nightmare trying to upgrade my phone. This started a month ago, when I placed an upgrade order for an iPhone 11 Pro Max. The upgrade was confirmed, however I received no communication beyond that. The phone was dispatched and I wasn't notified, it was sent to store and I wasn't notified, and after a number of days it was returned and the upgrade was reversed, again without being notified.

I was then told over the phone that I had to wait five business days, and then I would have to start the upgrade process all over again (and pay another £200, I should add).

After doing this, the order couldn't be completed because the system thinks I already have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. It takes three phonecalls to get this sorted out, and yesterday this is finally resolved. I'm asked over the phone where I would like the device to be delivered, and I request my local store. They tell me this is 72 Hampstead High Street, and all is good.

The phone is out for delivery today, and DPD attempt to deliver and now say that they are returning it to EE. It turns out, the Hampstead store no longer exists. It's permanently closed, however the EE website, and obviously the delivery systems, haven't been updated and as a result they've sent my phone to a closed store.

So I call up yet again this afternoon, and I'm told that just like the last time, I will have to wait for the upgrade to be reversed, do the whole thing for a third time, oh and of course pay another £200 for the pleasure.

This service has been nothing short of shambolic. All I want to do is upgrade my phone, and no matter how many times I call customer service to get this resolved, I'm no closer.

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @TRG103.

Thanks for coming to the community. 

I am very sorry to hear what has happened when ordering your iPhone 11 Pro Max. 

I would love to look into this further for you and have sent you a private message

Speak shortly, 

Katie 🙂

Yep I e had same trouble too. A phone for my elderly mother is such a pain to just try and sort. Never known anything like it from 02 which I am with. I would appreciate help too as I don't have time to mess with this timely problem. Jenjay71

@Jenjay71   Is that a device that’s being delivered to a store for you to pick from that store?   If that the case the store will contact you when it’s there.  You’ll not get any information about its dispatch as you are not the receiving party of the device of the store is. 

Hi, no was supposed to come to my address. Now say been reversed but no idea why. Thanks for reply 

BSc (hons)

@Jenjay71   You’ll need to call customer services about this. 

Yeh not convinced they will do the job correctly either. Sorry but the fuss I've been through just to upgrade a phone is nothing short of rediculous and frustrating. Think I'll just end Co tract and move back to 02.
BSc (hons)
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jenjay71

Welcome to the community.

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris