cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Sent 2 phones in error - dispute with e2save

philjopa
Explorer

Not sure if this is being posted in the correct forum but hopefully somebody can advise.

I ordered a new phone on a 24 month contract with EE through e2save a few weeks ago.

I was then sent 2 phones.

I contacted e2save to advise that they seemed to have duplicated my order - they advised that I had ordered 2 phones under different order references which I hadn't.

I received 3 separate emails when I place my order - one confirming that the order had been received, one saying it was being processed and one saying it had been dispatched. This was for the phone that I had ordered.

The only email I received for the 2nd phone was that it had been dispatched. I didn't receive an order received or order being processed email.

When I contacted e2save, they advised that I must have ordered 2 phones. I said I hadn't but they were adamant that I had. To order 2 phones I would have needed to re-input all my details again which I definitely did not.

I returned the 2nd phone to e2save as requested - this was at my own cost.

I have registered a complaint with e2save as they are effectively accusing me of ordering 2 phones and not just one. I now have 2 direct debits coming out of my bank a/c, one for the phone sent to me in error which has been returned to e2save. I believe this is a breach of the direct debit guarantee as they did not have my authority to set this up but I don't want to just put a stop to this second direct debit in case it affects my contract with EE for the phone that I did order.

I've not heard anything back from e2save about my complaint or about the phone returned to them. I'm now paying for 2 phones due to an order processing error by e2save. I will of course make a separate complaint to the ombudsman if needs be

Is this something that EE can resolve or do I need to persevere with e2save? 

4 REPLIES 4
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Nothing EE can do. Your business is with e2save. You need to persevere with them.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

To add if they are still billing you they are breaking regulations as you have every right to cancel mistakes made by them or even if you returned it within the 14 day cooling off period.

When did you send it?

Have they received it?

Did you send it recorded mail?

When did you send it? 13 May (received by me 11 May so well within the 14 day cooling off period)

Have they received it? Yes - on 14 May

Did you send it recorded mail? Yes - proof of delivery received

I'd ring them again asking for this to be resolved.

Also you can message the MD from their website

https://www.e2save.com/contact-md-form