cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

A genuine question.. cripes, why would someone need a phone with 512GB of storage?  I have a Galaxy S7 with 64GB and it is only just over half full.  512GB is a LOT of space, why pay for something that you are unlikely to use?

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@wardiI have a 128 GB s9+ with a 512 GB card inside both almost full. During the week I rarely use my laptop and do everything on my phone, I need a lot of things on it. I'm sure I'm not the only one with similar usage. Does that answer your question?

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

That's fair enough if you think you will use it.  I just wondered if people were simply ordering the model with the biggest number!  My old Samsung J3 came supplied with 8GB of storage - that is not enough even for a light user. 🙄

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardy I had the conversation this morning with EE. They are sending me out my ear buds, I chose them in Black. Still awaiting the EE text and DPD notification, but I was advised they will arrived tomorrow.

As with everything, it is best to persevere but there is only so much perseverance a person can take. 

I shall update upon the buds when I receive them.

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@JackJack94 It is such an annoying situation to have been/had been in.

I have previously posted that I have taken the downgrade, I am going to be closely monitoring how the handset performs over the next 13 days....some small niggles have made me question this flagship and I am preferring my S9+.....

In regards to the money you have paid upfront, yes they should be giving you that back ASAP. You paid for the privilege of a service and and upgrade and neither have been fulfilled, so preserver and get them to refund you and I would personally be asking for compensation.

@MissRoseGold that's good they're sending them out to you, that's saved you a lot of back and forth with Samsung. I will hopefully be getting a resolution to this mess for myself today

Update on my situation.

I spoke to a manger about the whole situation and decided I too would downgrade to the 128gb version of the S20 Ultra simply because just like everyone else I was fed up of waiting.

I have been a very loyal customer to EE and been with them ever since they took over T-mobile and the best I was offered was a sorry & £30 off of my next bill. After being left waiting with no information or communication for 2 months until I had to chase them and all of the inconvenience, it's an absolute joke to only be offered £30. I am drained and fed up with this whole situation. I will definitely be thinking long and hard if I will stick with this network in the future or not.

@MissRoseGold my buds will be coming today, if mine are like yours and the original Buds and not the Buds+ I will be livid. Have you sorted your ones out yet?

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardy That is exactly what they offered me. I am inclined to speculate that the relationship between EE and Samsung is not exactly close these days.

I have sent you a message, check your inbox 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mike197928

Welcome to the community.

All orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

DPD will be in touch with you when the phone is ready to be delivered.

If you'd like to discuss or change your order I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team.

Thanks for your patience so far.

Chris

MJPH1
Visitor

Does anyone have a update on the stock levels for this phone, ordered it in the beginning of March. Still haven't received it. Time is going on and on, and I'm beginning to lose interest now. We don't get any updates on this phone, most other mobile companies have this phone in stock, so why is ee still waiting for this phone. Just want to be kept updated that's all