cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739

@MissRoseGold hold the power button and volume down button until the device switches off. The screen will go black and then the Samsung logo will reappear, let go of the buttons. It will do a force reset on the phone and should be working fine for you from there

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardy I have tried that many times, it simply will not switch off.

I have an exchange booked tomorrow, so far I am not impressed. 

@WynterB yup, lied to, a

By far one of the worst customer experiences I've ever had

@MissRoseGold Oh damn that's very unlucky!! Sorry that didn't help out or work. Hopefully your replacement won't have issues and will work the way it should

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning all, 

All orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

Katie 🙂

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Katie_B  Are you actually serious with that comment right now?

Not to mention the fact that the manufacturer HAD it in stock TWICE they long since fulfilled their pre orders. But EE's customers have been waiting for over two months and still all we get are lies an standard templates copied in here (and the chat). How about admitting you messed up? How about giving us some real information?

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Very true! I have been waiting over three months. 

I downgraded to the 128GB and reluctantly cancelled my pre order. Samsung tell you one thing, EE the other. I'm using my exchanged S20 ultra 128GB as the one I received yesterday has been sent back as faulty. 

I am not even excited about having a new phone as the moment has well and truly passed. It just feels like a phone in a case, nothing special. My next hurdle will be claiming the ear buds, as I only have the proof of purchase for the 512GB which gives the pre order date, whereas for my downgrade, the POP is outside of the claim window.

I may hold onto my S9+ for a while longer.....

@MissRoseGold you shouldn't be making a claim for your buds through Samsung, chances are it will get rejected like you said because of the date. EE should be sending you a pair because it's their mess!! If that wasn't mentioned to you, call customer services tomorrow, speak to a manager and get them to send you your pair!!

As for the passing of excitement for the new phone, I'm 100% on the same page as you. It's a shame really because it is genuinely a very good handset

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardy that is exactly what I am going to do. I have an extensive email conversation with an EE agent which clearly states that EE will be sending out some buds +

Also! I have next to no 5G signal in my area, it is only available in the city centre. Obviously with this being a public forum, I shall not say whereabouts, but yes, it's just another disappointment. 

I really do appreciate that you've got a job to do and that you've got to stick to this same script (I've had the exact same answer every time), but what needs to be passed onto EE as a company is that I've had to chase you guys for an answer. The company has made no attempt to just at least send out an email or text.

I spent 150 quid on an early upgrade fee and a 100 quid on the yearly upgrade. This was on 28th February! We're nearly three months down the line and EE have skipped down the road with my cash and acted clueless. Again, the whole situation may not be EE's fault due to the current situation, but the fact the company have treated their customers like s**t is.

Truthfully it's made me realise I do not need this phone. I'm cancelling mine tomorrow, which has just killed the excitement of the new phone. The whole point that I paid that extra is so that I could pre-order the phone every year and claim some buds. That's well out of the window now.

EE needs to get its lovers tiff with Samsung sorted - there's way more to this. Everyone else who is holding out - I really hope you get your phone soon and enjoy it! It'll be interesting to see how long I would have had to wait...but I want my £250 back.