cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Did anyone cancel a pre-order (Upgrade) and move to sim only? How did that work? I'm really fed up with this now.

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I cancelled mine and going to stay with my S10 plus ceramic edition from what i’ve heard the S20 Ultra is a big failure

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Joshua111apart from the breaking camera cover what else did you hear?

Did you just call 150, tell them you want to cancel and go to sim only?

5hIfTy
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I wouldn't believe everything you read online about new phones.

I downgraded to the 128gb model and the phone is phenomenal IMO. Is it immensely better than the S10 series? No. But the S10 series were brilliant phones in their own right so very difficult to make drastic improvements.

The S20 does everything the S10 phones did but better, however the 120ghz screen refresh rate and camera possibilities were worth the jump alone. I've had no issues with the camera or software at all.

I've also dropped the phone (in a spigen neo case) and not a mark on it. No signs of cracked camera glass either.

You're always going to have a small minority of owners who are careless and have a vested interest in claiming camera glass is weak as they'd be hoping for a free repair.

I do however understand the frustration with the supply of these phones and had I not changed to the 128 model already, I'd likely be thinking about waiting for the next flagship model.

Joshua111
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

ive heard the screens have been going green and also the cameras struggling to focus

I've spoken to someone in EE who has now told me that the S20 Ultra 512gb is now discontinued 😑 I've been waiting, along with a lot of you, for 3 months & had to call up and chase several times to find out information. Extremely frustrating when my money has quickly been taken for an upgrade I'm now being told I can't get!!

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@KardyWe have heard that and it's opposite a few times in the past weeks so I'm not sure I would believe it however it's a little worrying that on Samsung's website it's out of stock and there is no possibility to set up in stock alert, it just says not for sale.

@5hIfTyI'm not sure what I want to do phone wise, I'm not completely abandoning the idea of getting the S20 Ultra but what I'm seriously considering is getting it straight from Samsung and only stay with EE for Sim only. (seems like I could get out of it cheaper for the next 2 years)

@WynterB I spoke to someone on the Samsung website who said that the phone is out of stock for the next 2 weeks, but could set up an email alert for when it's back in stock to alert me. I previously had the alert set up a week ago and when the phone was back in stock last week, I received the alert, checked the website and it was available to purchase.

WynterB
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Kardyso in short EE lied again

MissRoseGold
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So I had given up and cancelled my pre order for the 512GB S20 and downgraded to the S20 128GB.

Upon trying to use the smart switch the handset is now stuck in emergency recovery mode AND it cannot be switched off or restarted....

I have had this phone for a few hours and it is already going back for exchange!!

Fuming is not even the word....