cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung S10 Plus Pre-Order Delivery Delayed till Saturday 9th

Mwikala
Investigator
Investigator

So I pre-ordered my Samsung S10 Plus 128 GB Ceramic Black in early February. There was some confusion on Wednesday 6th when I received a text from DPD and an Email from EE saying that my device would arrive on the 7th (a day before release) this was cleared up by a community manager, it was just an automated message when my package reached the Depot.

Today (Friday 8th a.k.a the launch date and original delivery date) I have been told that my package was sent to the wrong depot and it has to be transferred today and can be picked up tomorrow morning. I have no problem with this, it's a big release day and I expected things to go wrong, no one is perfect.

My question is, do we, the customers affected by these delays, get any sort of compensation in the form of credit or anything at all? I only ask this because instead of having it delivered to my workplace where it was meant to be originally, I'll have to make a journey to the depot to collect my parcel because it's too late to change the address on the package. I'd really like to know if we receive anything from this, I assume it isn't just me too but it quite possibly could be.

Thanks,

Mwikala

8 REPLIES 8
Totally agree all this pre order thing and they can't guarantee it I may as well walk in to the shop frustrating
Katy1995x
Investigator
Investigator

I'm having the same issue, I amn't recieving mine until monday! It's still not updated that it's even arrived at my local depot (hour and a half away) even though it was on route 17hours ago - from an 8 hour distance? i've recieved no updates - just from me checking. but I also recieved a text from EE yesterday about the miscommunication of it being delivered the 7th and that it would infact be the 8th.. I also pre-ordered on 21st Feb. I've not been told it's been delayed, they're saying mine is on track - not sure whats going on! I'm considering going to the depot also to collect which is a nuisance 

Truly does suck. I was looking forward to it too. Seems there was no point pre-ordering, I could have walked into a shop today and bought it, but all this delay and the only difference is some Galaxy Buds Smiley LOL

I've just missed a call from EE about my concerns, they left a message saying they'll try again. I'll update here if anything new comes up

It seems like ee are staking outof it and going to blame carrier mine was delayed until sat I do not understand

I wouldn't say EE is completely at fault for this. They're handling it as best as they can and once the package is with the carrier (DPD) they have zero control over it. 

They called me back today and offered me £20 credit on my account. Worth a call to them @Pj9 you can get some compensation.

I expected there to be issues, it's not my first phone pre-order. They can get quite hectic, for them anyway.

Yeah may try that thanks

Update, 

Mine is definitely not getting delivered until Monday & I could've got it from a pickup point but there is none local to me and I could've gotten it from the depot but apparently the sender doesn't allow it - yet I'd have proof of who I am?? And I've still not been told I'd get this £20 even though I've been on the phone to them twice... so frustrated with this entire thing 

I can't believe it! They said can't be delivered Friday because it went to the wrong depot and needed to be moved to mine in Leeds. Friday evening they said it would be there.

Here I am Saturday at DPD an hour's journey away at 8:30 and I'm being told it had to go to Birmingham before coming to Leeds??! And it wont be here till Monday?You've got to be joking me, poor service.

I feel like I've literally preordered this phone for free Galaxy Buds😂could have got it yesterday if I had just walked in store and bought it, lesson learned!