cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SIM card never arrived at my daughter's

bobbipaula
Investigator
Investigator

I am currently stuck in the US and recently switched from 3 to EE.  I already have an Apple 11 so want a virtual simcard once I get to the UK, but in the meantime ordered a SIM to be sent to me via my daughter's address.  It never arrived.  My order number is xxxxxxxxxxxx.  Once they get it they will mail it to me here, but I need another one sent.  Your chat doesn't work and there's no way to email and my old UK phone doesn't work over here as I switched to EE.  Help!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bobbipaula  is that for a contract or PAYG sim ?  You can not use the eSim on PAYG as it’s only available to contract customers at present. 

you can not change networks when outside the uk and to have a working sim outside the uk the sim will need to be activated in the UK before posting to you.  You’ll also need to call customer services to request a replacement sim. 

im also not sure you could activate the eSim when outside the uk if this was a contract sim your requesting a replacement for. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@bobbipaula  is that for a contract or PAYG sim ?  You can not use the eSim on PAYG as it’s only available to contract customers at present. 

you can not change networks when outside the uk and to have a working sim outside the uk the sim will need to be activated in the UK before posting to you.  You’ll also need to call customer services to request a replacement sim. 

im also not sure you could activate the eSim when outside the uk if this was a contract sim your requesting a replacement for. 

It is a contract.  All I wanted at this point is to get a SIM card (not virtual) to insert in my second iPhone when I finally travel to the UK.  My daughter could mail it to me - I hope I am able to travel in September.  

I guess I could activate it at the airport in September?  Then I will visit an EE store to change over to the eSim. 

Alternatively, if this is all too difficult, can I cancel my account for now?  It is over 14 days slightly.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @bobbipaula

I hope you're well. 

Once you are in the UK you will be able to activate your new SIM and then visit an EE Store if you wish to move to an eSIM. 

You can't cancel a contract when outside the 14-day cooling period without paying a fee. 

Have you been able to speak with our online chat team? you can do this by logging in to your My EE and awaiting the 'Let's Chat' invite. 

Katie 🙂

@Katie_B   While it might be over 14 days actually not receiving the sim does the 14 days still count?   Because at the moment the sale of goods hasn’t been received. 

Katie_B

Hi @Chris_B

If the SIM has not yet been received our customer care team will be able to look into the request to cancel. 

Katie 🙂

Hi

I tried to use the chat but it just kept sending me to the website rather than giving me a person with whom to chat.  But really my only issue, given that I can activate the SIM when I reach the UK, is that the SIM never arrived at my daughter's although I received an email saying it was on its way.

Is it possible for you to check?  I tried the tracking function but it doesn't work for a SIM card.  My daughter has young children and a full time job and it's difficult for her to call during your opening times.

Leanne_T

Hi there @bobbipaula

Thanks for the quick reply.

I am sorry we have no account access on the community, if you give us a call our Mobile Care team will be able to help you get the order looked into.

You can call us from abroad on +44 (0) 7953 966 250 from any phone, we would need to speak to you if the order was made in your name.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Well I tried that but it was impossible to speak to an actual human and none of the automated functions fit my problem.  I have to say I'm finding E a remarkably difficult service to navigate.  3 was much easier.  Is there any way at all of speaking to an actual human?

Leanne_T

Hi @bobbipaula

Thanks for coming back to me.

I have sent you a private message for some details.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.