by Willybob15 Investigator
Investigator

S10+ Ceramic delays

I've heard theres a delay in the dispatching of the s10+ ceramic phone but no date has been given, if anyone knows a date it would be great? My main concern if there's a long delay then those who have ordered are likely to miss the cut off date for the wireless buds offer can anyone offer advice or who to speak to.

18 REPLIES 18
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: S10+ Ceramic delays

@Willybob15   Until EE receives these devices from Samsung to send out then there is nothing EE can do.  And I believe you claim these headphones from Samsung.   

by Willybob15 Investigator
Investigator

Totally agree but to have no correspondence from ee since placing my order to apologise for the delay is not acceptable. Also regarding the ear buds offer yes it is done through samsung but if you dont get the phone by the 4th April you lose the offer as you need the phone to apply for them!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Willybob15,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Don't worry, we're not anticipating a long delay.

If you check the online shop, you will see new orders are expected to be dispatched within 7 days.

You'll get a text with tracking details as soon as it's dispatched from our warehouse.

Thanks

James

by dixonkaty96 Investigator
Investigator

The online shop says it is in stock? Am I missing something? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @dixonkaty96

Although it shows in stock, dispatch will still be within 7 days. 

I have fed this back to relevant department, 

Katie 🙂

by dixonkaty96 Investigator
Investigator

Ok sure but I'm sure there are alot of people on here who pre ordered who are still waiting for the phones not on EE have not even been in contact with me with regards to a delay or anything of the sort unacceptable

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

Well...... 

I ordered on the 6th March, called 150 on monday to see what the heck was going on, as EE did not advise of any delays. Requested that My early upgrade fee be refunded as by the time I receive my phone it would of over lapped the upgrade date. 

Transferred to another call handler, who cancelled my order before I even had a chance to say hello. 

So technically my order was placed on Monday just, right at the back of the air. Fumming!!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can I just add that a pre order is not in anyway means you’ll get the device on launch day. EE can.only send out what Samsung gives them and EE doesn’t know what model type they get until they get them, so EE can not give you an exact date when you’ll get it as EE don’t know when your model type will come in that can be allocated to you.  Not being informed about when you’ll get it is nothing to get concerned about it just because EE can not actually give you a date because of what I’ve put above.   Your basically what to know how long a piece of string is.  

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

Cheers @Chris_B, thanks for helping me understand what a pre-order is. I am 33 years of age and this is the first product i have ever pre ordered. Your message was really helpful!!! 

@Chris_B what happened to consumer transparency? If I'm spending my own money on product, I am well within my rights to ask questions in regards to delivery dates! Especially when we have not been communicated up front at the order stage. Why do you think they are compensating customers with £20. 

Save your comments for the daily mail forum!!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kazbling   And some customers believe a pre order means they’ll get on launch day.   If you don’t want people to rely to you’re message in a public forum then don’t use a public forum,   

EE have nothing to say to you as a device can not yet be allocated to you as others are in the que before you. You’ll be informed when the device can be dispatched to you and not before.  DPD will message you the day of delivery with a time slot. 

you've now been told how and when you’ll get information about a device that can be allocated to you and until that happens you'll have to wait.  

is that what you wanted as a reply.

And as for the £20 I don’t believe any one should get anything from EE as is Samsung that is failing on this not EE as EE can not send out what they don’t have but EE have to take the stick because of it.  

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B Thanks again. 

You got to be EE in disguise!?! 

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Kazbling 

@Chris_B  is a long standing community member who assists on these forums. 

I understand your frustration, I’ve experience a 3 week delay myself a few years ago but please be assured that EE are working as quickly as they can to get all customers the devices they pre ordered. 

Hopefully you will have it very soon x

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

@Watkins07 I'm slightly annoyed with the situation, just wish I was told before i ordered (fair comment?), and I'm upset how ee handled my file. Which is still not resolved.  

I also didn't appreciate @Chris_B comments, very corporate and one sided, and can be taken as patronising. 

Thank you @Watkins07 for sharing your previous experience, I hope the s10+ is not delayed that long. Yikesss

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Kazbling   Far from it I just know how it works,

EE don’t know what model type devices are come in that can be allocated to you until that model device comes in and EE don’t know what they’ll get until they open the delivery they’ve received from Samsung.   

Your asking for information about you order before EE can give you any information about your order because they don’t know what they get from Samsung until they get it.  

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

@Chris_B 

If ee do not know what they are getting, why are they accepting orders before stock is received from Samsung?

Why are u explaining this not an EE consultant. 

Massive lack of upfront communication from ee (at order stage), lack of setting customer expectations!

Personally a shambles as to how my file is being handled.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Kazbling 

I doubt you’ll be waiting 3 weeks.  I remember feeling frustrated after being so excited for launch day but Apple had massively under supplied to networks. 

The not knowing is hardest part, but what I can say is that the minute a new delivery batch comes in, they are scanned straight back out to customers waiting for them.  Deliveries are coming in on a regular basis so there’s every chance you will have it very soon. X

by Kazbling Investigator
Investigator

Thank you @Watkins07, for positive responses. 🙂

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Kazbling 

My pleasure.  Keep us all updated when you get your DPD text and don’t forget to let us know what you think of it when it arrives xx

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.