cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Provisional License expired, can't collect

afgzeeuk
Contributor
Contributor

So i went to the EE shop yesterday to collect my item i handed over my license but i was told its expired so they cannot accept it. I have ordered a new passport but because of Brexit they say it will take a further few weeks before i get it.

What happens now? surely its still obviously me on the photo whether or not its expired, anyone with common sense can see that right?  

Its effecting my work now as i've been using one of those  old text and call Nokia's for a while and really need this phone, i tried another credit check which failed, the shop doesn't answer the phone what are my options? 

14 REPLIES 14
afgzeeuk
Contributor
Contributor

i tried to collect my phone today from an EE shop, they refused my provisional because it was out of date, how frustrating. 

If someone in your home has the same surname as you and they dont accept your ID, you can ask that person to sign for you.

For me its really annoying, the shop needs to send it back to EE, i need to then email them to say i received a text saying it was returned, then they will send the item  to my home and i will ask my brother to sign for me, what a damn inconvenience, will take over a week. 

My sister ID got accepted out of date before so let’s hope 

was that instore or delivery to home? i guess its because they have to scan the ID for me the machine said it was out of date 

afgzeeuk
Contributor
Contributor

Also why is my birth certificate a long with my provisional not acceptable? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @afgzeeuk

Welcome to the community.

In order to purchase or pick up a phone from store, you need one of the following forms of ID:

• Passport from any country (valid and in date)
  • Photographic driving license (valid and in date)

Sorry to hear this is affecting your work. If you're able to order over the phone, a family member with the same surname would be able to sign on your behalf.

Chris

i tried ordering again, it was declined due to me having to pay 3 months worth of bills on the line i have already taken out.

James_B

Hi @afgzeeuk,

You'll be able to reorder once your first order is returned and cancelled.

Hope this helps.

James

will it involve another credit check? i don't want to be rejected because of this small issue? 

James_B

Hi @afgzeeuk,

Don't worry, our sales team will be able to place an order using your existing credit check.

James