cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proof of ID

Dmh62
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ok so if somebody orders something to be delivered to their home address and they are already EE customers and have been for years and the delivery address is their billing address why do they need proof of identity ?

I get the need to chck ID for new customers and when excisting customers opt to pick up in store but why when your delivering to an address already being used as a billing address do I need to prove I am me ! 

And what exactly is the process if a customer doesnt have any of the forms of ID that EE state are accepted ? Are they then excluded from being customers or if excisting customers upgrading ?

52 REPLIES 52
Dmh62
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Northerner is that your best answer to the question "thems the rules" so those "rules" are designed to discriminate against people who don't drive and don't need a passport when did EE become elitists - I think that's the excuse used by the nazis - them's the rules

I suggest you read through my posts again and employ some good old fashioned common sense. It's not the ID that's the problem perse it's the fact that EE will only accept certain forms of ID whereas other companies are far less rigid and if you are already a customer and if they are delivering to the billing address and if they have confirmation emails then the requirements for ID don't need to be as rigid as if you were a new customer of if you were walking into a shop 

@Dmh62  DPD do know your a existing customer. They don’t know you’ve upgrade they are only doing a delivery.   

I think you need to accept EE sre protecting themselves and the customer.

You seem to think its OK to just send thousands of pounds of product without any checks.

Sending to billing address means nothing. Doesnt mean it is you.

You got the answer yet you seem content to want to carry on asking the same questions.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

@Dmh62   If you can not provide photo ID there is other ways to upgrade or take out a contract.  Ie go to a store. 

Dmh62
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I give up there are only so many times you can say the same thing and NOBODY has answered the question 

what do customers who dont drive nd dont need a passport do !!

I suggest you all go and READ the ID requirements and please don't say go in store because that is BS Ive tried that and had to lose my rag and refuse to leave the shop until the little jumped up oil accepted my perfectly valid ID because it "wasn't on the list"

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Dmh62

I understand this may be frustrating, however this is a policy and agreement with ourselves and DPD to ensure the protection of customers. 

If you do not have a passport or a driving license and have something delivered, DPD can accept photo ID from someone with the same last name and be at the address in which the parcel is being delivered to sign for the item. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

As I have already stated.

You dont need to drive or have any intention to drive to get a provisional driving license. And this is good enough for ID.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I totally agree. I have recently encountered the same problem. I had my concessionary bus pass ( with photo), my birth certificate, utility bills, bank card..but the courier , who was most apologetic, was unable to accept. I appreciate the fact that proof of ID is essential, but surely the items accepted as proof should not be restricted to the current "either,or"?  If you can open a Bank Account without a passport or a driving licence,  then you should surely be able to upgrade your phone.

Hi @Dragonlady4ever.

Welcome to the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you recently had trouble receiving a delivery.

We have an agreement in place between ourselves and DPD to ensure the protection of our customers and prevent possible fraud.

Jon

Shall I tell you what I'll do the as I don't drive nor travel or work for the millitary/police...  I shall go back to O2 where not have I only had 2 cantracts for 3 years and 6 mobile phones 4 being upgrades all done online and home delivered without the need for Id checks this is what a credit check is for what a waste of space EE is 🙄🙄