cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ordered in-stock phone last Wednesday. Hasn't even been despatched yet!

EvanRS
Contributor
Contributor

I've been with EE for some years - OK service. I ordered an in-stock phone last Wednesday ("next day dispatch" say EE).  The phone hasn't been despatched yet!  Is this normal level of service?  If so I can cancel and go elsewhere.

9 REPLIES 9
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@EvanRS: If you ordered by phone or online you always have a statutory cooling-off period up to 14 days after delivery to cancel your order. If you ordered in-store you have no such "change-of-mind" right of return.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@EvanRS you need to contact 150 sounds like something has gone wrong with the order.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @EvanRS

Welcome to the community. 

I am sorry to hear your still waiting for your device.

What device did you order?

Did you receive your confirmation email with your order number on?

Speak soon, Katie 🙂

Hi Katie.  Email confirmation instantly.  Order no. xkn*********.  Samsung J4+ ; "in stock" ; no text or further email updates ; just gone dead.  Looks to be best to cancel and go elsewhere; plenty of options of course.

Thanks, Evan

[Mod edit: please dont post personal information on the community]

Katie_B

Thank you for confirming this @EvanRS

I have sent you a private message for further information, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

At 18.35 I finally received a phone call from EE (I THINK!!!!).  As the first security question they wanted to know part of my password ???????   Really????

The person did not seem to understand the import of this and tried to argue that I provide the info.

When I said it looked like I had no alternative other than to cancel the upgrade order and to cancel the contract, they weren't at all concerned and just said "OK".

???????????

I've now been looking back at previous posts and it looks like EE don't give a dxxx about marketing promises; so many new phones and upgrades NOT actioned.  The EE person on here was helpful but they seem to have idiots at "customer care" asking for part passwords and not at all caring if you say you will have to cancel upgrade and contract; I've been with EE for some years (till now!).

Colourzen
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Asking for 2 characters of your account password is a standard security procedure by EE, for the care agent to give you detailed information about your account. If you're unwilling to pass the security questions for your account, I'm not surprised the person is not bothered if you want to cancel, as they have already tried to help you.

Katie_B

Good Morning @EvanRS

I have responded to your private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂