cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Note 10 + Pre Order?

IanDuckers
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, 

I've pre-ordered the Galaxy Note 10+ 512GB order ref - 0008982206.

The UK launch date is 23rd August, I have received my order confirmation email and on the tracking page it shows dispatch within 24 hours and then there isn't an expected delivery date. It just says awaiting confirmation. 

I've spoken with EE via live chat and the lady I spoke with told me the phone is released on the 24th August (which isn't true) 

Should I expect to receive my phone for the release date or do EE often miss release dates?

Thanks

Ian

10 REPLIES 10
georgehillier
Visitor

Wondering the same here. Says dispatch within 24 hours but no expected delivery date. Wondering which is true!

You wont get any dispatch information until the night before your delivery date.

So if you get it on release day it you will receive a text from DPD on the 22nd.

If you do not receive this information then you are not going to get it on release day.

this is the same rather you had it delivered to your home or to a store.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

To add when EE takes i Pre-Orders it tells the company (this time Samsung) how many they need etc. But Samsung who manufactures them can't keep up with demand on the S and Note series so they will always send out far less than what a network has asked for.

So yes there will be some delays to some people.

Orders are shipped out on a first come first served basis.

I understand pre-orders and EE's processes with pre-orders, just not sure as a company what they are like at fulfilling pre-orders I know CPW are great but looking at these forums people tend to have a lot of problems with EE.

And what your saying is contrary to what EE customer support are saying, I mean saying the release date is Saturday 24th August. 

Thanks, I'll just wait and see. 

That person may just have given you an incorrect date by accident.

The release date for all Samsung phones is always a Friday.

The release date as published by Samsung is Friday 23rd.

CPW source their phones from multiple different places. So they don't rely on Samsung at all. Their suppliers rely on Samsung so it is easier for CPW because most their handsets are from Europe and not Samsung UK.

They can only fulfill orders when they have the stock. So if you pre-ordered on the first day of pre-orders going live you have a pretty good chance of getting your device on release day. If you pre-ordered today then I doubt you will.

Then there is always a variant which is short from Samsung anyway. I bet the 512GB in black will have the most issues.

Yeah you're probably right, she wasn't very helpful unfortunately.

That's where EE get it wrong and CPW do it right then 🙂

I pre-ordered on the first day so I should be good, I'm not in a rush, I just like to know accurate information and to be kept in the loop when I've spent so much money. 

You're right, it's going to be most popular well whether it be a month or a week I dont mind as long as I get it. I've got my S10+ 5g to keep me going.

It's not a case of CPW getting it right. I some cases this is not a good thing.

EE are bound to get it from Samsung UK/

CPW having a better supply chain or multiple supply chains is a good thing, if one fails they have back up. 

If Samsung fail to meet EE demads EE have no failsafe. CPW do. 

It's most definitely a better system that what EE have. 

Of course they are, the cheapest option. 

It's not a case of a failsafe option.

It's a case of the phone may be missing services you can get in the UK if bought a UK device.