Contributor

New phone arrived but driver took it away as I had no photo id

17 REPLIES
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: New phone arrived but driver took it away as I had no photo id

Hi @Agbraid68

Welcome to the EE Community,

unfortunately you will have to wait for it to be returned to the warehouse then you will you need to visit a EE store to get a phone.

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

I work nights 6 nights a week... I don't have time to go to a ee store. I've been a loyal customer for years and never had to produce photo id before. Why is not producing my ee bills not proof of who I am? Am not happy and am thinking of cancelling my subscription totally

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Agbraid68

Would you be happy if EE let a complete stranger take your brand new phone.

Or if  fraudster got hold of your details and ordered a new phone on your account so you are paying for it. And EE didn't ask for Id.

You need ID in stores as well.

BrendonH (Android Expert) - Samsung Galaxy S8+ (Pie 9.0 Beta)
If I have helped you please click on the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Agbraid68.

As @David_C and @BrendonH have mentioned, photo ID is needed to be able to receive your new phone. 

Once it's returned, you can re-order and we can send it again for you.

Jon

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

What's the point...without photo I'd? It's ridiculous....I can produce my ee bills etc to the driver. Not everyone has photo id. I'm not paying for something that can't be delivered so I think I'll be ringing up tomorrow and cancelling my subscription with you guys

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Youlld find any network selling you a contract will ask for photo ID when it gets delivered.

This is to protect them and YOU against fraud.

by

Hi @Agbraid68,

I'm sorry you haven't received the correct details about what you would need for your delivery.

You are able to have a family member receive the delivery at your address? They need to have their own photo ID, but as long as they have the same surname as you, they will be able to sign for the delivery at your address on your behalf.

I hope this helps, especially with your shift pattern.

If the time and date of the re delivery is no good, you can change this via the DPD app.

Alex

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

No I haven't any family in the country that can supply photo id. I just think this is ridiculous...I am who I say I am so just give me what I'm paying for . I've been a loyal customer for years and never had to go thru this....so I'm seriously thinking of just cancelling my contract

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Agbraid68 I can say I am Bob Smith. But no ain't the driver doesn't know that.

Fraud protection is there for a reason

by

Hi @Agbraid68,

To take out a contract with EE for delivery or in store unfortunately you would need a passport, driving licence or national ID card.

If you don't have these available to receive the delivery or anyone who can receive on your behalf, I would suggest giving our sales team a call to discuss if there are any further alternative options.

Alex

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Agbraid68 Carphone Warehouse dont require ID they verify you through chip & pin instore

they dont require ID for delivery over the phone either  they verify the address linked to your card their number is 0800 049 0050 opt 1.

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for reply. But I've been an EE customer for sometime...think this is my 4th update and I've never had to produce a photo id. Surely producing a utilities bill or even an EE bill would prove who I am. I'm being charged for a new contract when I don't have my upgrade. Not everyone has photo id

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Agbraid68  If you’ve never had to produce photo ID before then the driver who is delivering the device is not doing their job correctly and you’ve been lucky.  It’s not ridiculous as you could be anyone saying you are someone else.  This protects EE and the receiver of the device from being ripped off by someone who shouldn’t be getting the device just because they say they are that person. 

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

Not blaming the driver. I work in retail for over 30 years...so yes I understand EE has to be sure. But at the end of the day I don't have photo id so I ain't getting what I'm paying for....so my contract might as well be terminated

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Agbraid68 you will experience the same issue with the other networks because of the high rate of fraud with mobile phone contracts the networks have had to put in additional measures to protect themselves & customers from fraud.

by Agbraid68 Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate that it's for security reasons...I get that. And I've been in touch with EE. Not everyone has photo id and still are genuine customers

Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Agbraid68 would you shop with carphone warehouse ? they dont require photo ID.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.