Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New phone arrived but driver took it away as I had no photo id

Agbraid68
Contributor
Contributor

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @Agbraid68,

To take out a contract with EE for delivery or in store unfortunately you would need a passport, driving licence or national ID card.

If you don't have these available to receive the delivery or anyone who can receive on your behalf, I would suggest giving our sales team a call to discuss if there are any further alternative options.

Alex

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Agbraid68 Carphone Warehouse dont require ID they verify you through chip & pin instore

they dont require ID for delivery over the phone either  they verify the address linked to your card their number is 0800 049 0050 opt 1.

Thanks for reply. But I've been an EE customer for sometime...think this is my 4th update and I've never had to produce a photo id. Surely producing a utilities bill or even an EE bill would prove who I am. I'm being charged for a new contract when I don't have my upgrade. Not everyone has photo id

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

@Agbraid68  If you’ve never had to produce photo ID before then the driver who is delivering the device is not doing their job correctly and you’ve been lucky.  It’s not ridiculous as you could be anyone saying you are someone else.  This protects EE and the receiver of the device from being ripped off by someone who shouldn’t be getting the device just because they say they are that person. 

Not blaming the driver. I work in retail for over 30 years...so yes I understand EE has to be sure. But at the end of the day I don't have photo id so I ain't getting what I'm paying for....so my contract might as well be terminated

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Agbraid68 you will experience the same issue with the other networks because of the high rate of fraud with mobile phone contracts the networks have had to put in additional measures to protect themselves & customers from fraud.

I appreciate that it's for security reasons...I get that. And I've been in touch with EE. Not everyone has photo id and still are genuine customers

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Agbraid68 would you shop with carphone warehouse ? they dont require photo ID.

That is utter no nonsense and not once have I been required to show Id which I do not not have for any phones or expensive tech and I have lots.  

@Pierco so you'd be happy if DPD went to the wrong house and some random person signed for it and then decided to keep the phone because they are not honest people?

You'd be happy for that to happen then? Because EE will still expect to receive their monthly bills regardless. And as you don't want to prove you are the person who bought the phone you can't use the DPD or EE are in the wrong because they delivered to the wrong address excuse

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below