Contributor
Contributor

21 REPLIES 21
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Agbraid68

Welcome to the EE Community,

unfortunately you will have to wait for it to be returned to the warehouse then you will you need to visit a EE store to get a phone.

I work nights 6 nights a week... I don't have time to go to a ee store. I've been a loyal customer for years and never had to produce photo id before. Why is not producing my ee bills not proof of who I am? Am not happy and am thinking of cancelling my subscription totally

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

@Agbraid68

Would you be happy if EE let a complete stranger take your brand new phone.

Or if  fraudster got hold of your details and ordered a new phone on your account so you are paying for it. And EE didn't ask for Id.

You need ID in stores as well.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Agbraid68.

As @David and @BrendonH have mentioned, photo ID is needed to be able to receive your new phone. 

Once it's returned, you can re-order and we can send it again for you.

Jon

What's the point...without photo I'd? It's ridiculous....I can produce my ee bills etc to the driver. Not everyone has photo id. I'm not paying for something that can't be delivered so I think I'll be ringing up tomorrow and cancelling my subscription with you guys

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Youlld find any network selling you a contract will ask for photo ID when it gets delivered.

This is to protect them and YOU against fraud.

Hi @Agbraid68,

I'm sorry you haven't received the correct details about what you would need for your delivery.

You are able to have a family member receive the delivery at your address? They need to have their own photo ID, but as long as they have the same surname as you, they will be able to sign for the delivery at your address on your behalf.

I hope this helps, especially with your shift pattern.

If the time and date of the re delivery is no good, you can change this via the DPD app.

Alex

No I haven't any family in the country that can supply photo id. I just think this is ridiculous...I am who I say I am so just give me what I'm paying for . I've been a loyal customer for years and never had to go thru this....so I'm seriously thinking of just cancelling my contract

@Agbraid68 I can say I am Bob Smith. But no ain't the driver doesn't know that.

Fraud protection is there for a reason