cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New contract not honoured.

riker212
Investigator
Investigator

I received an email in May as everyone else did to inform us that there was going to be an increase in the price of the broadband and phone package. My current contract was due to end in October. I knew I had a 30 days get out clause if I did not like it. I looked around and found better deals with other ISPs but I thought I would ring EE and see what they could offer. I was on normal broadband and the lady on the phone asked if I had considered having fibre. She said that it would be £32.92 for an 18 month contract. I said that I could get it for £28.50 per month with the same benefits. We haggled and agreed on a price of £30 for an 18 month contract. For the sake of £1.50 per month it was not worth the hassle of changing to another ISP. So my first bill, and my up and coming bill is for £32.92. I emailed the complaints department to complain, and we have been emailing each other to no avail. I have sent my new contract to them and basically all I get from them that i had the option to leave my contract without penalty up to the 26th June 2019 but this option wasn't taken up.

I had only just taken the contract out So what they are actually saying is, it doesn't matter if you have taken out a new contract in view of the price increase, we can still put the price up and we don't have to inform you.

1 REPLY 1
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @riker212

Welcome to the community.

Was the email that you received in relation to an increase of out of bundle costs? Did the letter say that you could terminate your contract free of charge?

Are the complaints team still investigating this? They're the best team to speak to about contract problems.

Chris