cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New contract, keep handset

ToriSanroman90
Visitor

So my friend has ordered a new contract that starts in a few days and comes with an iPhone XR (at no cost). The contract hasn’t started yet, so Is she able to cancel the contract and keep the phone (since the phones cost is £0) 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ToriSanroman90  No the contract will pay for the cost of the device.  The £0 cost of the device is just the upfront fee that sometimes has to be paid.  Cancelling the contract and not returning the device is classed a theft and EE will block the device and take any  necessary steps that they see fit.  

The contract will include the £750 cost of the device. 

And anyone one thinking that this will be ok really needs to understand what a contract is and what they are paying for.     

I still can not believe you even think that asking this question is perfectly normal.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ToriSanroman90  No the contract will pay for the cost of the device.  The £0 cost of the device is just the upfront fee that sometimes has to be paid.  Cancelling the contract and not returning the device is classed a theft and EE will block the device and take any  necessary steps that they see fit.  

The contract will include the £750 cost of the device. 

And anyone one thinking that this will be ok really needs to understand what a contract is and what they are paying for.     

I still can not believe you even think that asking this question is perfectly normal.