by kerfuffle200 Investigator
Investigator

New Contract / Account Kerfuffle

So I applied for a new phone and contract with EE after being with 02 for years. Placed my order and received the following email:

"There is going to be a slight delay, as you have got an outstanding balance with EE. If you can call our Digital team and arrange a payment, we can then get started with your new account.

Please call 0800 079 0534 and quote your XKN reference and we will do our best to get your balance cleared and your new account up and running".

I haven't had an EE account nor have I got an outstanding balance.

I contacted "Twinky" via "Live Chat" but got no where fast and he/she advised the following.

"I would have loved to help you, however, this requires a call interaction with the dedicated team, I am leaving detailed notes on account so you don’t have to repeat yourself again"

So I call EE and they are are saying that I have another EE account with an outstanding balance but are unable to provide any details.

Talk about banging your head against a brick wall!!!!!

5 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: New Contract / Account Kerfuffle

Hi @kerfuffle200

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

That does sound like a kerfuffle.

Have you ever had a contract with T-Mobile or Orange at all? Or do you have a relative with the same name?

If they have found an account with your details on there, they should be able to run through a security check and clear it up with you.

Did you call the 0800 number to speak to someone?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Chris

Investigator

Getting nowhere fast. It will be a lot easier to stay with 02, which is a shame as I fancied giving EE a try.

I have made an official complaint to the CEO of EE.

by

That isn't what I like to see, @kerfuffle200.

I recommend following our normal complaints procedure through our ways to complain help and support page.

I'm sure they'll be able to sort this out, let me know how you get on.

Chris

Investigator

My main concern is that EE claim I have an old account with an alleged outstanding balance (which i haven't) and that they are unable to provide any proof of this.

This means that EE are processing data in my name which is 1. Fraudulant and 2. A breach of the Data Protection Act.

by

I don't have any account access at all here in the community, so, it's difficult for me to comment on this at all, @kerfuffle200.

I'm sure the complaints team will be able to investigate this and give you some answers.

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.