cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Missing PlayStation

92scomat
Investigator
Investigator

I ordered a Sony device which had a PlayStation as a free gift. The confirmation email said tech would be delivered 8-11 days from the date of the order. The order was on 7th July.

18 REPLIES 18
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @92scomat

There are a few threads on this forum about delivery if you had searched. The T&C say you will have your gift delivered after 30 days. You will receive a text. 

Free PS4 Bundle: Subject to availability & while stocks last. Free gift will be sent
to you up to 30 days after entering into your contract. If your account falls into
arrears within these 30 days, your gift will not be sent out to you. If your account
remains in arrears for more than 30 days after entering into your contract, you will
no longer be eligible to receive your free gift. If you choose to cancel your
contract with us, for any reason, you must return your free gift within 14 days. If
you don’t you’ll be charged £249.99; the cost of buying the bundle from EE
without a promotional offer

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @92scomat,

Welcome to the EE Community.

I see @Northerner has kindly shared the delivery timescales with you.

If you have any other questions just let us know.

Thanks Smiley Happy

James

I received this text message today. "Hi Scott. Unfortunately a few stock issues have meant your free PlayStation4 will arrive later than expected. It'll be with you within 35 days from the date you received your handset. We're really sorry this has happened, and we're working hard to sort it out. You don't need to do anything - we'll text you once your gift has been processed, followed with a text from DPD about your delivery slot. Thanks."

As the gift was the main incentive for upgrading I would expect to see a reduction in my next bill to reflect the extended period without the gift. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for your patience, @92scomat.

I know this isn't great news. The fact that you have received the message means that you're on the order list.

I hope it's with you very soon.

Chris

You customer service reps and @Northerner  seem to have ignored my disgruntled comment. @@@@

As the gift was the main incentive for upgrading I would expect to see a reduction in my next bill to reflect the extended period without the gift.

I have been offered something, I have paid for it, but I have not received it. I should be compensated. 

You @92scomat  You should also read the T&Cs of this as I think you’ll find that any free gift will be sent if in stock.  EE do not hold a unlimited supply of these.  And you agreed to that when you took up the offer of a free gift. 

Hi @92scomat

You best call 150 and speak to CS then. However I pointed out the T&C which clearly provide all the information you need and clearly state: 

Free PS4 Bundle: Subject to availability & while stocks last. Free gift will be sent to you up to 30 days after entering into your contract.

You are not even 30 days into your contract if it started on the 7th, so you wouldn't receive your gift anyway. 

Thanks and good luck with your call to CS. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious. Clearly fishing for "problem solved" points. If things were normal and within normal terms then there would be no reason to message me to apologise.

Saying they are really sorry and working hard to resolve the situation implies that this is outside of expected delays, therefore my bill should be reduced to reflect this.@Northerner simply quoting Ts&Cs in the hope that muppets go "oh my god, you are the messiah" doesn't wash with me. If you want to score points by appearing to help that's fine but let the big boys talk to solve this please.

@92scomat  It also implying that EE are waiting for more stock  to come in and very obviously until more stock is in you’ll not get the PS.  As per the T&Cs of the free gift offer and as @Northerner has put its not sent out until 30 days and you not even at that yet.   And you’ve also said you’ve been told it will be around 35 days so in fact you have been told when to expect the free gift.  EE have at no point promised you before 30 days and you agreed that if the device is not in stock to be sent to you it will be sent out to you when a free gift is available to be sent to you.   As per the T&Cs of the free gift offer.  

And not fishing for anything, just pointing out the T&Cs and what you’ve been told and what you agreed to when you agreed to the offer of a free gift   

I’ll also point you to THIS.