cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Im away with work and my phone has broke.

scotty11
Investigator
Investigator

Good Afternoon Readers,

Long story short, im away with work and my iphone 7 has broke.

Due to my location, i am unable to use a landline. So I ordered a

new phone via EE Online as i was due a new contract in July anyway. 

First problem, my order went through even though i dont think my payment

went through, as my bank asked for me to verify my payment by exchanging a 

code VIA TEXT. Though, i am still receiving Emails from EE saying my order has

gone through and i will be receiving the new handset in the next few days.

Secondly, on arrival at my house it is mentioned in the Email that i must

show some form of ID for proof of purchase. As im over 600miles away from

home this is a problem. will my other half be able to take the phone on my behalf?

would a house bill or document with both our names on be good enough? 

To any readers who work for EE, i would like to put forward that using only one

method of contact for ALL inquiries isn't really logical considering that one method

isn't useful when someones phone has broken. We live in an era now where home landlines are on there way out, futhermore anyone who deploys or works abroad cannot get in contact with you.  

Any help would be a great help, thank you in advance. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @scotty11 

A number of points to cover off here.

When your order was complete you should have received an XKN number by email. (Also check your spam). You can check your order here

You can contact EE CS free on Skype, so any device which connects to Skype you can use over wi-fi. EE also have a live chat, but just remember that CS works to UK working hours. 

As for delivery, If your partner has the same surname, and photo ID, then delivery should be ok. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @scotty11 

A number of points to cover off here.

When your order was complete you should have received an XKN number by email. (Also check your spam). You can check your order here

You can contact EE CS free on Skype, so any device which connects to Skype you can use over wi-fi. EE also have a live chat, but just remember that CS works to UK working hours. 

As for delivery, If your partner has the same surname, and photo ID, then delivery should be ok. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hello Northerner, 

Firstly thank you for the swift response. 

I have indeed received a XKN number which works on the online order tracker. The order is still in the confirmation stage. Is there a chance that due to the payment not going through this order could still be rejected even though im receiving other emails about delivery etc?

Regarding delivery, me and my Fiancee are due to get married in the following months, so she still holds her maiden name. i can see this being a problem. 

I will look into contacting EE via Live chat tomorrow if i can find it in the maze of a website. failing that, Skype.

Thanks again, i hope you have a good night. 

@scotty11   She just needs to show photo ID.   You’ll be ok with a different surname.  

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @scotty11

First of all a huge early congratulations on getting married. 

I would recommend contacting us regarding your order if a payment has not went through, this will help prevent any delays.

Please keep us updated with your progress, 

Katie 🙂

Thank you Chris. theres one problem sorted. 

Hello Katie, thank you for the response.

Thanks, means alot!

Ive been looking on your page for a long time, im not getting anywhere.

Could you please provide me with the actual number to ring using Skype,

bare in mind i am very much abroad. 

Live chat would be perfect for my situation but has no available agents.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Of course, I'd love to help @scotty11

Please check your private messages, I have sent you a message for further information. 

Thanks, 

Katie 🙂

Try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)