cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

I Pre Ordered an S10 but the advisor got my email wrong

Jmorgo7
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All

I pre ordered an S10 but the advisor got my email wrong when inputting an order (it was just an upgrade, they could havebjust taken my email from MyEE account). The order still went though (due today but delayed like many others) but I didn’t get a confirmation because they used the wrong email. 

According to the Samsung website I  will need to upload digital proof of purchase to claim my free ear buds but I don’t have a confirmation email. 

EE advisors and complaints department have told me they cannot resend the confirmation email as it is  automatically generated by the system and there’s nothing else they could do for me besides stating in support chat I had a pre-order. 

They me told me a voucher comes in the box so I won’t need an email. But the links they sent me for further guidance say I wil need digital proof of purchase. A voucher in the box won’t be digital!?

Is the Samsung website wrong? 

Also, is is there any update on how long delays will last? I was told 7-14 days. Some people seem to have £20 compensation but I’ve been offered nothing. 

Thanks in advance! 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Jmorgo7.

Welcome to the EE Community.

Although our Mobile Care team can't reproduce the confirmation email, they will be able to send you a proof of purchase which you can also use to make the claim for the Samsung Galaxy Buds.

Jon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Jmorgo7

I suggest you call CS on 150 and discuss this direct. There is no account access on these forums.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

I’ve been on to them and was also passed to the complaints department. Same response from both, noohing they can do about getting me a confirmation email. 

I’m really just looking to find out what I will eventually need to claim the free buds. Wouldn’t be so bothered if there wasn’t a one month time limit on the claim and the phone is already delayed by upto two weeks! 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Jmorgo7.

Welcome to the EE Community.

Although our Mobile Care team can't reproduce the confirmation email, they will be able to send you a proof of purchase which you can also use to make the claim for the Samsung Galaxy Buds.

Jon