cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

How long do credit checks keep for?

zeeuk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So i made an order through a 3rd party for a phone for £56 per month, they told me the credit check went through but EE could only offer me credit of £55.20 per month, i was given options but chose to cancel.

The lady gave me the credit check reference and said if i chose i could use this reference with a any other 3rd party or ee directly for 30 days, is this true information? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @zeeuk 

6 months. 

It will also show on your credit report. The more checks on your record the less chance you have of obtaining any credit services.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @zeeuk 

6 months. 

It will also show on your credit report. The more checks on your record the less chance you have of obtaining any credit services.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

zeeuk
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Thanks.

So for example can i pre-order the P40 Pro from carphone warehouse and give them that reference on an EE deal and they wont need to run another credit check as one has already been accepted?

Hi @zeeuk 

If you go via third party there are two credit checks, one by the carrier and another by the seller (CPW). 

The answer is no, you would be credit checked again, and maybe rejected. 

Thanks