cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Handset cost

Nikki655
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I ordered my new phone yesterday and it was £30 for handset. However I’ve been charged £36.98? 

7 REPLIES 7
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @Nikki655 

The £6.98 will be for delivery.

Thanks,

David.

But it says free delivery????

David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

@Nikki655 free delivery online and £6.98 over the phone if you have been charged by mistake contact 150 and they will correct it for you 🙂

KDM68
Investigator
Investigator

@Nikki655

I had this same thing when I rang up for my "free" upgrade towards the end of my 2 year contract. I have had 3 phones for me and family with EE for 7 years. 

I went through the whole "There'll be an up front cost on this phone"

My reply was "No, never paid an upfront cost, I'll go somewhere else"

All of a sudden I'm put through to retentions and,.... "Ok, no up front cost for you."

I go through the whole choosing the phone and package thing again get hit with "Now, if I can just take a delivery payment of £6.98...."

My response "What? Online it states 'all handsets free next day delivery in the UK'".

"Ah, but that's online, this is over the phone"

"OK, forget it, I'll go somewhere else that has free delivery"

"ah, ok, hold please while I speak to my manager"

"Ok, no delivery charge"

New phone arrived next morning.

You need to stand up to these telephone people. They are trained to get as much money out of you as they can. You can always go somewhere else for other deals. 

@KDM68  You was lucky then as it is only free delivery via online if you call there is a delivery charge. 

@Chris_B

It only states free delivery online but does not stress it is for online sales / users.

It states nowhere that there is a charge if done over the phone and it does not get mentioned over the phone until you have gone through the whole call, which could be 30 minutes long. 

@KDM68 It doesn’t have to state it when looking online as your looking online.   You only have to be told about it when you call customer services because that’s how you are ordering it.  

and as you say it only states free delivery online,   There is no mention of anything else as it’s states free delivery online.  So it is stating that’s it’s free delivery and it’s free delivery if you order online.  This doesn’t cover other methods as other methods are not online. 

I think that’s very clear.