cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Delivery of handset for upgrade of phone

sianbutlerx
Investigator
Investigator

Hi guys, 

I've been searching the EE community for a few days now and I haven't found anyone who can help me with this. I recently upgraded my phone on the EE website on Thursday 10th January 2019, I've done this before and the process was really quick and I had my new phone and contract the next day.

However, this time upgrading it has sent my upgrade through a third party seller who I believe is called Voice Mobile. I have spoken to a few advisors at EE about this and they are unable to give me any tracking details because I was not given an XKN number. They can however find my order on their system. 

Has anyone had dealings with Voice Mobile? As my contract has started but I have not yet received the new handset, if so, how long did it take for your phone to be delivered? 

Any help would be really appreciated.

T.I.A 

16 REPLIES 16
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

How did you upgrade?

As EE wouldn't send you to a third party.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Just checked on Google.

Voice Mobile has a bunch of bad reviews including one where they rung up pretending to be EE themselves.

I upgraded through the EE website and the woman I spoke to on the phone at EE confirmed that they sometimes use voice mobile.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@sianbutlerx: You have bought from https://sales.voicemobile.co.uk/ not from https://shop.ee.co.uk/upgrade .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I can assure you @sianbutlerx EE would never use a third party seller.

What number did you dial to speak to this EE rep that said they use them.

I went through the official EE website and checked the upgrade eligibility and went through this. Even the new contract is showing on my EE account too. 

Voice Mobile is not an EE Partner. How do you know the woman on the phone was from EE? Did she phone you?

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Voice Mobile is a 3rd party reseller. They will supply the hardware but take the airtime plan out with EE. Thus it appears on your MyEE a/c.

What number did you dial?

EE wouldn't use any third party seller.

What website did you go to?

EE.co.uk or another one.

If you didn't dial the number to speak to EE dis they ring you. If so what number was it. If it was a private number EE don't use private numbers.