cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

DPD refused to deliver phone upgrade due to incomplete address. What now?

TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

On Friday 22nd February, DPD were due to deliver my phone upgrade. I got a nice notification that my delivery was refused. I got on to the DPD live chat and found out that the driver had got to my street and found that my parcel had all my delivery details except the house number. I also found out that, even though the driver has my contact number, they aren’t obliged to phone me to check. Nice eh? I wasted a day waiting at home for my new phone and the phone is now on its way back to EE. Anyone else have this issue? EE have got me into a new contract so I’m now paying more for my existing phone. Amazing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Update 3: Quicker than I thought it would be, I managed to upgrade yesterday and it's being delivered to my local EE store today. I won't be able to pick it up until tomorrow evening but it's almost here. Almost done, stick with it lads!

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Contact EE.

Did you give them the correct address and they got it wrong or did you give address without the number.

They cant ring you what if the guy who answers isnt you but fraudulently ordered the phone. It's there to protect you and them.

You have 14 days to cancel if need be. But I'd ask not to be charged your new contract price until you receive the phone.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The address was taken from my EE account which is full and correct. DPD gave me conflicting information in regards to contact numbers, they can contact you but it is at the discretion of the driver. I’ve already contacted EE and they promised I wouldn’t be charged a new contract so I will be getting back in touch with them.

thanks.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @TheOilBaron,

Welcome back to the community.

Did the Customer Care Team rearrange delivery for you?

Thanks

James

TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @James_B,

Nope, no rearrangement was made by them. They suggested I wait until the phone has gone back to EE and then go through the upgrade experience again but the contract part of it has already been activated so I can’t upgrade again. I’d like the phone to go to my local EE store so I don’t have to wait around for DPD again.

many thanks!

James_B

That won't be a problem @TheOilBaron

Your upgrade will be reversed once the phone gets back to our warehouse, allowing you to reorder your upgrade to your local store.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced on Friday.

James

TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi @James_B,

Thanks for the confirmation, not your fault but someone screwed up somewhere and it’s very annoying. I’ll see what happens this week and update the thread then.

thanks!

James_B

Thanks @TheOilBaron

Speak soon.

James

TheOilBaron
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So, quick update. I spoke to Ato on EE live chat (very helpful!) and they told me that my phone has been received by the EE warehouse and scanned in. It should now take 72 hours for my account to go back to how it was last week and then I can upgrade again. Let’s see what happens...

James_B

That's great @TheOilBaron

Thanks again for keeping us updated.

James