cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

DPD failed 2x delivery attempts. Initial contract phone sent back. What now?

maplevoodoo
Investigator
Investigator

DPD failed 2x delivery attempts to my work address.  So my initial contract phone was `sent back to EE'.

What now?

Customer service on phone indicated the contract would be wiped but the only confirmation would be a text within 5 working days. That long?

This leaves me hanging before I feel safe enough to reorder  for a delivery to an EE shop.

Should I feel safe?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @maplevoodoo.

What phone are you trying to get? 🙂

Don't worry about trying again, this contract will definitely be cancelled once it's canned in the warehouse, otherwise we'd be trying to send it again.

Jon

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@maplevoodoo it takes that long as the device has to be processed back in to EEs stock and your upgrading your account has to revert back to its original tariff that also allows you to upgrade again. 

Thanks. It wasn't an upgrade though. It was an initial contract Black Friday offer.

In theory there is nothing stopping me re-ordering right now except my nagging fear that I will end up somehow with two running concurrent contracts.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @maplevoodoo.

What phone are you trying to get? 🙂

Don't worry about trying again, this contract will definitely be cancelled once it's canned in the warehouse, otherwise we'd be trying to send it again.

Jon

Thanks @Jon_K .   Getting my first Smartphone.  Smiley Very Happy  Thought I could hold out until 2020 but... nope.  So it's an iPhone6s for me.  No upfront cost and that's good enough for me for a few years.

Just did the re-order. I cleared things up with Customer Services re: the old order and your advice is correct. 

Thanks again!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

How exciting @maplevoodoo!

I'm glad you're all sorted now, come back and let us know when it arrives 🙂

Jon