cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cancelling an upgrade ordered to store

Cornish78
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I recently visited an EE franchise store as I am due an upgrade, I’ve been with Apple for ages but can’t justify the cost of the latest handsets.

The store staff sold me on the idea of a Galaxy Watch and Huawei P30 Pro which handily come in at slightly lower than my iPhone 7 Plus and series 3 Apple Watch.

I have the watch already but phone is taking a while to get in the colour I want.

I have come across numerous issues with the Galaxy watch, it’s basically garbage and doesn’t do any of the things I need it to. As the watch combo is important to me I’ll need to cancel both. I know I can get EE to cancel and collect the watch, but what about the handset as it’s not actually completed the upgrade yet, do I have to go to the store and tell them, or do I have to wait for the phone to turn up and cancel it? It’s wholly inconvenient as the EE store isn’t particularly local to me so I only want to have to make one trip.

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Cornish78   If you upgraded in a store then you need to go back to that store.  You do get a 14 day cooling of period with store sales and if your told any different I can provide you with information that says different. 

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Cornish78 , unfortunately there is nothing that can be done here. You will have to go back to the store and see if they can cancel your order if you have not already received the item, but there is no return of the item once you have got it from the store, as you were able to have a look at it there and then, unless the item is faulty.

It is different if you order online or by phone, then you have the possibility of returning the item, which I believe is within two weeks of receiving the item.

Not sure whether you can cancel the order from the store, but you will have to speak to them directly.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Chris_B , I thought there was no cooling off period in store, if you got the item from there, only online or by phone, correct me if I am wrong.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Chris_B wrote:

You do get a 14 day cooling of period with store sales

There is no 14 day cooling-off period with store sales. There is consumer law regarding faulty goods but that's not a cooling-off period per se.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Even though they basically sold me something not fit for purpose? I haven’t collected the phone yet, I did collect the watch but EE have already told me over the phone that I can return it to them. 

Well, @Cornish78 , you will then have to go to the store, but am sure you cannot return the item unless faulty.

@XRaySpeX   I did not put that at all. Please show me where I said NOT.  

And yes as I said I can provide proof that you can cancel within 14 days of a store sale.   In fact I have it in front of me right now.  

If it is not fit for purpose then you are protected by consumer law regardless of any store's policy. The store only has a policy of no cooling-off period for change-of-mind returns. This does not overrule your statutory rights in the case of faulty, not as described or not fit for purpose goods.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Schockwave What if I just don’t collect it? Therefore the upgrade will not be completed, not that I’d like to do it that way. I got the watch in store and EE are happy for me to return that. As the phone wasn’t available to see as they didn’t have the one I wanted in stock surely I can argue it’s not what I want?