cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Can I exchange new contract device taken out online in-store?

Dfrench95
Visitor

Evening all, 

I have recently received my upgrade device from a contract taken out on the EE website. I am not happy with the device and would like to exchange it for something abit better. I have spoken with the customer service team and they have sent me a bag to return the device to them, which they need to receive before I can request the different device. Am I able to pop into my local EE store and return the device and sort the new device there or will I have to send the device off in the post?

Thanks in advance

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dfrench95 you have to send it back and wait for your account to reset back to the original plan you was on before you can upgrade again.  You can not swap the device in store as you got it online and so you have to return it.  Store stock is allocated for the store to sell not to swap.   If you had got the device from a store you wouldn’t be able to give it back at all as you do not get a cooling of period with store sales.  

Once your device has been processed as returned which takes about 6-7 days you’ll be able to upgrade again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dfrench95: You won't get another 14-day cooling-off period on new device if you order it in store.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dfrench95 you have to send it back and wait for your account to reset back to the original plan you was on before you can upgrade again.  You can not swap the device in store as you got it online and so you have to return it.  Store stock is allocated for the store to sell not to swap.   If you had got the device from a store you wouldn’t be able to give it back at all as you do not get a cooling of period with store sales.  

Once your device has been processed as returned which takes about 6-7 days you’ll be able to upgrade again.