cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

A change to delivery procedures for DPD

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

During this ever-changing situation, many delivery companies are making changes to the way they carry out deliveries in order to protect the safety of their staff and customers. 

DPD have implemented a new delivery process with immediate effect.

What does this mean for you?

With immediate effect, DPD will no longer ask for you to sign their handheld units and will instead sign it on your behalf.

They will record your name and a ‘Delivery on Authority’ message in the signature section of the unit.

If your delivery requires you to show proof of ID, you will still be required to show this to DPD on delivery.

There will still be the full track and trace functionality, giving you complete visibility of your parcels.

This will now form your proof of delivery process for all deliveries until further notice.

23 REPLIES 23

Point 1. That's called a mis-delivery and DPD would be at fault.

Point 2. Accessing my account doesn't require a mis-delivered phone. 

Please explain how they read read ID from two meters away?

Look EE are trying to protect you and them from fraud and you are not liking it. Sorry but companies have a responsibility to make sure the person collecting the phone is the one that has ordered it. IF you don't like it I suggest you wait until stores re-open and then try ordering the phone there because this will be the same for any network due to them having to be sure it is you that ordered it.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Sorcha wrote:

During this ever-changing situation, many delivery companies are making changes to the way they carry out deliveries in order to protect the safety of their staff and customers. 

DPD have implemented a new delivery process with immediate effect.

What does this mean for you?

With immediate effect, DPD will no longer ask for you to sign their handheld units and will instead sign it on your behalf.

They will record your name and a ‘Delivery on Authority’ message in the signature section of the unit.

If your delivery requires you to show proof of ID, you will still be required to show this to DPD on delivery.

There will still be the full track and trace functionality, giving you complete visibility of your parcels.

This will now form your proof of delivery process for all deliveries until further notice.

Above for you to understand I have highlighted in bold made it black and made it bigger for you from this very post from an EE staff member in which you replied to saying they are not doing their job. But it appears they did.

I would prefer to speak to EE customer care about this. I would be grateful if you could desist from responding to my posts.

If you would like to speak to EE ring them.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @The_mickster

Once your parcel has been scanned and processed as returned our customer care team will be able to look into your re-delivery options. 

Have a great day,

Katie 🙂

Dpd still haven’t sent me a txt saying they collected  my order . 

Katie_B

Hi @RAIDERMC888

Are you aware of your phone has been dispatched from EE?

You receive DPD texts with your tracking number and delivery slot once your parcel is with DPD. 

Speak soon, 

Katie.

RAIDERMC888
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
It’s hasn’t been updated since I place the order on Saturday was told it was due today and didn’t get a txt or email from dpd so can you explain where my order is
Katie_B

Hi @RAIDERMC888

There is still time to receive a DPD text for delivery today. 

I am unable to see the status of your specific order as we have no account access here on the community. 

If you would like to find out your current status please give us a call. 

Katie 🙂