cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

A change to delivery procedures for DPD

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

During this ever-changing situation, many delivery companies are making changes to the way they carry out deliveries in order to protect the safety of their staff and customers. 

DPD have implemented a new delivery process with immediate effect.

What does this mean for you?

With immediate effect, DPD will no longer ask for you to sign their handheld units and will instead sign it on your behalf.

They will record your name and a ‘Delivery on Authority’ message in the signature section of the unit.

If your delivery requires you to show proof of ID, you will still be required to show this to DPD on delivery.

There will still be the full track and trace functionality, giving you complete visibility of your parcels.

This will now form your proof of delivery process for all deliveries until further notice.

23 REPLIES 23
The_mickster
Investigator
Investigator

That's great but DPD need to be reminded! They aren't doing it.

@The_mickster  then you need to contact DPD and state that. It's their policy they are breaking not EEs

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I have done but they have directed back to EE. 

I am now confused I understood that DPD, given the current situation, now leave the consignment without a signature. They haven't and they have now returned the phone to EE. How do I get it re- delivered and get it left without a signature? 

Sorry my last post I mistook you as another user who's phone was given to people at his old address.

Yes the new policy is that they.no longer need a signature but they still need to see ID.

If your phone is going back to EE you need to contact them about re-delivery.

How are they going to see ID from 2 meters away! I am not prepared to interact with the driver. Should I try O2?

DPD response 

Thank you for contacting DPD.

I can understand that you want us to deliver your parcel and leave on doorstep. However I regret to inform you that we will not be able to process that as your parcel is already processed for onward journey (Return To Consignor). I request you to please get in touch with your sender for further assistance.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

@The_mickster wrote:

How are they going to see ID from 2 meters away! I am not prepared to interact with the driver. Should I try O2?

It is called security. They need to make sure the person picking up the phone is the person that ordered it.

Would you like it if you ordered a phone and they delivered it to someone else and they took it then kept it?

Or if a scammer accessed your account and managed to order a phone which you end up paying for but got delivered to them and DPD just handed it over.

The new policy is to leave the item on the door step but they still have to make sure its you picking it up.