cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

24 hour upgrade could take 5-7 days.. happened to anyone else before?

cfb96
Investigator
Investigator

Completed all the online stuff to upgrade to my new phone, it shows it to be instock and 24 hour dispatch. its now 48 hours later and ive been told it could be anything from 5-7 days!! originally told it was due to a tech glitch on my account, since been told its due to warehouse being busy. 

has this anyone else had a similar experiance upgrading with EE? 

9 REPLIES 9
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @cfb96

Welcome to the Community,

Generally if there is stock the majority of customers receive their phones the next working day.

Due to the volume of orders this time of year some orders might be delayed you do have the option of cancelling your order and going to any EE store and having it straight away.

yeah i understand there would be an increase in demand but they could have listed that it would be 5-7 days at the point of ordering or i would have went into store!! i dont have the option to cancel and go into store unfortunetly... looks like its going to be january before i get my phone and get rid of my current phone that is not charging properly 😞

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @cfb96

I am sorry to hear this.

As @David, has advised if you visit one of our EE retail stores with photo ID either a passport or driving license they would be able to look into your upgrade and see what is in stock.

Or, give us a call on 150 and we will see what we can do to help.

Thanks, Leanne.

@Leanne_T The online store showed (still shows) that the phone was instock and would be dispatched within 24hrs. i am now at the point where i can not cancel the online order. 

i just wish EE would have listed that it would be 5-7 day dispatch, not only is it a blatent lie to have published that it would have been 24h dispatch it is dissapointing the company cannot just list the REAL expected time of dispatch.... (i still would have given EE my custom, just would have lowered my expectations of receiving the phone in 2018) 

cfb96
Investigator
Investigator

can anyone enlighten me as to why i have 2 different tracking numbers?

one begins with xkn,

the other is just numerical 

Leanne_T

Hi @cfb96

I am very sorry this has happened.

What phone did you order?

Leanne.

i just wish the truth had been posted online as the website is missleading giving the 24hr dispatch!

i ordered the Huawei Mate 20 Pro Black 

Leanne_T

Hi @cfb96

I have sent you a private message to get some details.

Leanne.

One with xkn is the tracking number. The numerical one probably is the order number or account number?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below