cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB data boost

WM04
Explorer

I have 3 phones (mine, wife + son) on my account. After taking out a new sim only plan for my son's number, I received a text from 150 advising that I had been given a 1GB data boost. Is this 1GB free?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WM04,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, the 1GB data boost is totally free. You get the free boost with every eligible line you add to your account and we'll even give you 10% off the additional line.

Thanks

James

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

Hello @WM04 ,

Welcome to the community,

Yes the data boost is free, you do not pay for it. You may want to take a look here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/offers-and-services/other/20gb-data-boost-faqs

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.

@Schockwave : Doesn't seem to me to be the same thing. OP never mentioned BB & anyway its the wrong amount.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Don't know if it makes a difference but all 3 phones on my account are sim only plans. Son's old plan was 25GB for £20 per month. I took advantage of current offer of 60GB for £20 per month. Just wasn't expecting 1GB data boost for me (a/c holder)

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WM04,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Yes, the 1GB data boost is totally free. You get the free boost with every eligible line you add to your account and we'll even give you 10% off the additional line.

Thanks

James

I had a text saying if I topped up £5.00 I would get 1 GB DATA free, I topped up but I have not been given the data,