Explorer

Will EE message you to tell you there’s a problem with payment

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Will EE message you to tell you there’s a problem with payment

@bardeg : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to EE by forwarding it to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created yesterday in Malaysia. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@James_lucas : If your DD has bounced they will try taking it again in about a week. I don't think they will contact you until that also fails. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Have you had a text saying there's a problem with your bill, from a UK mobile number? If so, it's not from EE. Don't click any links in it. 

If you are concerned, go to MyEE from the link on the EE web site and log in and check your account.

by James_lucas
Explorer

This was the number used - +44 7934 145795

by BJohnson
Explorer

I have just had the same text. Stupidly pressing the link before realising very quickly it was a spam email. What do I do now? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@BJohnson  opening the link is ok, did you enter your EE details and password? If so, change your EE password now, and anything else that uses the same password.

by BJohnson
Explorer

No I didn’t enter my details as it just said the link had expired. However when I first tried to long on it said my account has been closed. 

I have changed my password 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Don't go there but what was the link?

by bardeg
Explorer

I just had a txt msg like this the no: used was +44 7591 173923 

it said

EE we were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via https://.ee.uk.billing20.com?ee=2

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@bardeg : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created yesterday in Malaysia. 

View solution in original post

by bardeg
Explorer

@XRaySpeX  Thanks for this. It's worrying how much spam there is! Glad I didn't go so far as to try and update my account. I'm on pay as you go so I knew it was rubbish!! LOL

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.