by Krelle
Explorer

Why is we allowing bounce mobi on their network? It is fraudulent company

This is a scam company and i do not know why ee is not stopping such a fraudulent company ripping off customers?. Any loyalty payments to ee? Linked to customers not frequently checking their bill? Also most customers have never accept any subscription from bounce mobi , i didn't​. I'd expect more of ee!

12 REPLIES 12
by Legend
Legend

Re: Why is we allowing bounce mobi on their network? It is fraudulent company

Hi, 

Its not allowing anything you authorised these payments by mistake, error or not. You need to make sure you read terms and conditions on sites such as facebook and other online portals. You must have said "Yes" to this subscription via your phone account. 

If you want this to stop then call EE and ask them to block premium numbers. 

Thanks. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Krelle

Thank you for joining the community Smiley Happy

Please take a look at our Charges from other companies on your bill help and support pages for more information.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

Highlighted
by moog Established Contributor
Established Contributor

This is not the fault of the customer so stop blaming us.... just stop it!

The reason why this forum is full of complaints about the following PMConnect services is that their payment pages are not secure and are being hacked:

These are the services offered exclusively against EE customers and presumably the ads that push to these pages are paid for and targetted accordingly... only EE customer are victims.

Here is the bounce games payment page:

bounce.pngUnsecure non-HTTPS page

This page is non secured by HTTPS and so is wide open for hackers.

Notice the text "Charges added to this EE mobile bill".  This text is hard coded regardless of what type of connction or device is used... so the page has been designed to be used against EE customers to make payments against  EE accounts... this alone is very worrying.. why only EE.. Why are they not using PayforIt?

EE have for over two years denied  having an agreement with this company despite the fact that these service are designated in the PMConnect LTd terms and conditions as Mobile Portal Services" that according to Ofcom can only exist as a  relationship bewteen 3rd party and Network. All the other direct to bill service must use the heavily regulated( via PSA) PayforIt scheme.

Now there are two possiblities here:

1. EE are complicit and are using every trick in the book to deflect this issue.
  2. EE are not complicit and are simply not addressing a very serious issue by sheer negligence and bullheadiness on the part of it's staff.. not our problem.

Regardless of the reason It is clear that EE accounts are being targetted by Malpractice of come sort against this companies insecure payment pages. EE can only be negligent if they do not at least invesigate and protect their customers.

by EE Community Moderator
EE Community Moderator

No action required.

Established Contributor

Can you explain why

Established Contributor

U really think you owe it to customers to qualify that statement mike. I hope thats not just the opinion of a moderator.

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @moog

@MichaelL is a moderator and mistakenly responded in public - his post is not about ignoring your concerns, merely that your post was autoflagged to him in the system as potential spam due to the number of links in it. His "no action required" is just in response to that.

Sorry for any confusion.

Tiff 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
Established Contributor

Thanks. I do hope this is finally taken seriously. Ive 20 years experience
in web dev including security and payment processing. This is a genuine
problem and im happy to help in resolving it .

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com
by EE Community Moderator
EE Community Moderator

Sorry moog, as Tiff says I replied to the wrong topic. I did not mean that your issue is unimportant in any way.

by ChrisKing1978
Explorer

This still doesn't resolve to root problem!  My 5 year old child was using my IPAD and clicked on the bounce mobi link. No password was requested and no checks were carried out.  I went overseas soon after with work, came back and I have a number of months’ worth of bills over my contracted amount. It's only that I checked that I realised I was being billed for something where my child subscribed to. God only knows what happens to people who don't check their bills, or don't have a great technological knowledge.  I flagged this up in Aug with EE, the agent (Neave) was very apologetic and agreed it shouldn't happen (the message was recorded) and passed me onto the Bounce Mobi team (she had a direct number so EE and Mobi are obviously in hand in hand). She also put a block on the Mobi software. Mobi have been uncooperative since 17 Aug 17. I've chased up about the agreed reimbursement but they have continually said that there was an admin error or the payment arrangement was sent to the wrong contact number. As of today (28 Nov) they've now offered a cheque. Again it will take 28 days. The point of this message is that if people on this forum are reading and trying to decide whether to either stay with EE or to join them, leave as soon as your contract runs out or don't join them in the first place. There is no thought given to cyber threats by them, hence the reason a 5 year old child could press a button and then the contract holder is out of pocket. Imagine what a hacker could do if that was the case! And there is certainly no regard for customer service or the good will of their customers. Shame as they had been a good provider for the 15 years I've been with them (Orange etc) but I won’t be renewing my contract. 
by Kerjud08
Visitor

Hi ChrisKing1978

I have been also conned by fitness bounce and to date I have Tried e-mail every day with no reply - the number EE gave me is automated so can't actually speak to anyone can you tell me how you got to speak to them - I am not going to let this go and want a refund £39.00 of which they fraudulently took out of my account with EE

Many thanks for your help

by ChrisKing1978
Explorer

Good morning Kerjud08,

More than happy to help on this. The number I got through on is 0330 122 4968. This is to Bounce Mobi. It is automated but you can connect through to a customer service rep. However there doesn't seem to be many so depending on time of day, you may have to wait a bit. I have got through straight away or been holding for about 5 mins.

As a bit of an insight into their process. If they say about sending you a text message  that you can then reclaim through the post office. Don't! They never send the text. Instead ask for a cheque to be sent. This took about 25 days to come through, was handwritten, and from a comapany called PM Connect from Birmingham. Surprise surprise the cheque was for a quarter of what I was actually owed so I got back to them and evidently they are sending another one out. Like yourself I wont let this go until I get a full refund.

It's a shame really as I really used to like EE, their products and customer service. However their support of this software/comapny, which is child exploitation, has left me disgusted and disappointed with them. I won't be renewing any contract with them when my one expires and have discouraged friends and family to steer clear of them.

Utterly disgraceful!

Any way hope this helps and good luck.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions