Make your house a smart home - with help from EE
Highlighted
by Lewist93 Investigator
Investigator

Why is my bill much higher than expected?

Hello, I'm a new customer on EE monthly contract with a monthly plan of £31.67. For some reason my bill is £88.01. I have already paid the £50.00 one off charge at the beginning of my contract. The excess is from one-off charges and credits which add up to £41.67. Does anyone know what this is? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

Re: Why is my bill much higher than expected?

@Lewist93 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's pro rata charges as the charges are higher than my actual monthly bill.

This is what my bill says-

One-off charges and credits Equipment Credit for Sony Xperia XZ1 Blue -£399.99

Sony Xperia XZ1 Blue £441.66 £41.67

In that case I would recommend calling customer services up on 150 and ask them to explain what the additional cost are Smiley Happy

7 REPLIES
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

The extra cost could be a pro rata charge. 

For example, if you took out the new contract on the 15th of the month, but the billing cycle resets on the 1st of the month, you’ll only be charged for the service from 15th till the 1st of the next month and on top of that the next months bill, which would be more than you were expecting to pay.

You should find that from month two of your contract, that you are just paying the £31.67 (unless you make calls etc that are not part of your call allowance).

If you want to be totally sure, it may be worth calling customer services up on 150 and ask them to explain the £41.67 charge.

by Lewist93 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for your reply. I don't think it's pro rata charges as the charges are higher than my actual monthly bill.

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor
Solution

@Lewist93 wrote:

In that case I would recommend calling customer services up on 150 and ask them to explain what the additional cost are Smiley Happy

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lewist93,

Welcome to the EE Community.

That's great advice from @Fatboy71, our customer service team will be happy to check your bill for you.

Thanks

James

by Lewist93 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks. I have rang customer support and the extra charge was an International call service or something along those lines. They promptly refunded the extra charges and apologised. 

Great customer service. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for letting us know @Lewist93

I'm happy our customer service team were able to help.

James

by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

@Lewist93 wrote:

Thanks. I have rang customer support and the extra charge was an International call service or something along those lines. They promptly refunded the extra charges and apologised. 

Great customer service. 

That's great to hear, thanks for coming back and letting us know Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.