by Beth76
Explorer

Why has nobody called me back regarding backdated vat receipts?

Unfortunately I have found myself in a situation where I need to get hold of backdated vat receipts. I called EE this morning and was told by customer services that they could not/would not bill me proper vat receipts- with their vat number & address etc on it- because I couldn't claim vat back unless I was on a business plan.

Not true

When I refused to accept this and requested to speak to a manager, I was again told that this was not possible. After 10 minutes of being told that it wasn't possible, I pointed out that it was illegal to charge vat without providing vat numbers/vat receipts. The manager then made me hold whilst he spoke to someone more senior, and eventually told me that he could change the way that I was billed from now on, and that my bills would have the necessary vat details on them.

Funny that

Then when I said that my accountant had also told me that I needed to get backdated vat receipts, I was again told that this would not be possible. Again, I requested to be connected with someone more senior, and was told that I would be called back by someone more senior within 2 hours. No one has called me back and that was over 7 hours ago

Funny that

So now I will have to waste another hour trying to speak to someone that actually wants to help, rather than layers of people that give me incorrect information.

This is absolutely ridiculous- why cant EE just put their vat number and address on the bills in the first place? There are so many people on this forum complaining about the same thing. What are they hiding? 

They are a multi billion pound company so are able to provide current/backdated vat receipts if they want to. They clearly aren't interested in making their customers lives easier...

Shocking

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Why has nobody called me back regarding backdated vat receipts?

Hi @Beth76

You can complain here.

If you are pay monthly customer then the call to EE us free.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beth76,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

I'm sorry to hear you weren't called back when promised.

If you aren't contacted this morning, please let me know and I'll be happy to help.

James

by Beth76
Explorer

Hi James,

Still no call...

I would be very grateful if you could chase this for me. Do I need to log a complaint too?

Beth

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Beth76

I've sent you a private message  to get some further information.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.