Highlighted
by sandychester61 Contributor
Contributor

Waiting for a letter from customer services when told will arrive within 72 hour

I originally started a mobile phone account with TMobile about 15/20yrs ago. On contract to start with and then evolved into a sim only £8-12m plan as I am a very low user. Bills consitently £9.26 p/m. Earlier this year was informed will no longer be able to access any of my bills online as merging with EE and will now recieve paper bills at no charge. I did not sign a new contract and certainly wasnt made aware that I would be treated differently because of this. My plan includes--UK and EU Data Allowance 500MB, Calls 250 mins and Texts 500. I also get 90mins free international calls which as a loyel customer they give me as I have a son overseas.

So, imagine my shock when last month I was billed £91.25! Apparently I exceeded my  mobile data by--10MB 720KB 645B outside of allowance and was charged £68.32 for this. No where on my bill does it give a clear cost for this usage. To simply cost it out means Ive been charged roughly £6.50 per MB. 

So, I call customer services. Oh, boy, what a way to spend an afternoon. Wont bore you with the first representatives comments, but I was put onto a manager, a Simon Barker. Who told me I was fully liable, wasnt entitled to any notification of when I was going to go my data limit as I am an exTMobile customer and to keep track I need to text 150 everyday to monitor! I have never, ever in all my mature years heard anything like it. Mr Barker also said I would recieve a ' Blarney Report ' and deadlock letter within 72 hours. That was last saturday afternoon. I was also bluntly told that if I wish to take court action that EE would welcome it as they never lose. 

Of course, to date I havent recieved anything, could be an absolute hoax as I am unable to find anything relating to a ' Blarney Report' and a deadlock letter seems only to come after the 2nd stage of complaining. I am quite happy to admit if Ive made a a mistake, but Mr Barkers attitude was quite an eye opener for me. He kept referring to when he had gone over his own personal mobile account, I could have been hacked, oh, and he also mentioned a cost of 11p for something? Also I should have remembered from 15/20yrs ago what was in my original contract! He also reffered to a bill of mine in 2014 when I was in Australia! That was the one and only time I went over my then allowance,,and lesson learned, I always get an Australian sim card now! To be told because I am an ex TMobile customer and that I am expected to just accept this is really quite disturbing.  

I dont know what to do now except go to small claims court,which I am fully prepared to do as the whole thing is a shambles. There is no way this acceptable good business practice to just charge a customer without fair notice. Especailly when you go onto EE website and the first thing you see is that you cannot go over your mobile data limit with out notification! Why should ex TMobile customers be treated differently??? When i called back again to find out the cost it was quite clear that the operatives do not have a clue as the person I spoke to kept quoting with VAT and he only divided the total cost which Id already worked out so obviously no proper charge for the plan I actually have. 

So,,unless something is satisfactorily explained very quickly, this will be taken further.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Waiting for a letter from customer services when told will arrive within 72

Hi @sandychester61 

The terms and conditions, including costs can be found here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/terms-and-conditions

When you were moved over because T-Mobile was discontinued you would have received either an email, text, letter explaining the charges and that you could leave if you would prefer. You know your account limits but have exceeded them (knowingly or not) so will be charged the same as anyone else (ex T-Mobile customer or other). Charges are set out in the T&C and on your bill. 

If you want to complain you can follow EE code of conduct.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Hi @sandychester61 

The terms and conditions, including costs can be found here:

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/terms-and-conditions

When you were moved over because T-Mobile was discontinued you would have received either an email, text, letter explaining the charges and that you could leave if you would prefer. You know your account limits but have exceeded them (knowingly or not) so will be charged the same as anyone else (ex T-Mobile customer or other). Charges are set out in the T&C and on your bill. 

If you want to complain you can follow EE code of conduct.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you been moved over to EE 3G? I took it from your OP that all that had happened was that they had just removed your online a/c access, but you still had a T-M Plan. Hence the free paper bills.

Your charges will be as set out on Legacy Brand Pay monthly price plans . Which plan are you on?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

I would respectfully ask you read my OP correctly.

Thanks
Contributor

I would respectfully ask you read my OP correctly. The information is there.

Thanks.
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @sandychester61

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Please can you confirm when you spoke with our customer care team?

I have also sent you a private message for further information. 

Katie 🙂

Contributor

I have now delved into this reply properly,,buried really, really deep in EEs terms and conditions under old TMobile plans,,there is actually cost listed for every other plan apart from the one I have! There is a cost however of £0.0060 per mb shown,,so again

,,where does £68 for 10MB come from Northerner?!? 

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to help, again though I respecfully ask you read my OP correctly. 

Contributor

Katie,

I have replied in private messaging to you also. But to clarify, I went into an EE store on Saturday in Chester 23/11/19, and when they finally admitted they couldnt help, said I had to then call 150, which I did about 14.00 hrs GMT. 

Contributor

Wow! I again just felt I had to look further into this to challenge myself as I just do not like being defeated by not paying attention to detail. I clicked on the link you kndly sent me and yup, the plan I have is not there!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @sandychester61

I have replied to your private message.

Thanks.

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance. Which T-M plan do you have that's not there?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Contributor

Well, what an experience this has been. Shame it took posting on this forum to get a result. Still no full explanation for the charge, all I was told by Martin from EE standard customer services that the customer service people above him, said the charges were correct but still couldnt prove it and refused to send me a hard copy of any terms and conditions relating to the plan I am on. My husband and I have trawled EEs website and found some historical information on their legacy plans, but the information is not clear and transparent so goodness knows how many other customers are being treated so badly. No proper explanation for Mr Simon Barkers' remarks either. If I hadnt posted on here then I would still be waiting for a deadlock letter, blarney report and synopsis letter of our conversation. The blarney report apparently does exsist but is never sent to customers! So, yes I am to be refunded and compensentated for this fiasco but what as shame it happened in the first place. 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions